Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Automix at a set time in the song - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

LOCODOG,

Is there a way to de-select the 2nd button?

Posted Mon 14 Mar 16 @ 9:24 pm
LOCODOG,

I added the script to 1 custom Buitton and the variables to a 2nd custom button, started a automix and selected both buttons...nothing happened

Any Ideas? Did I do something wrong or in the wrong order?

Posted Mon 14 Mar 16 @ 10:35 pm
Club390PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Have you done anything else to this script?

Posted Wed 30 Mar 16 @ 5:29 pm
Hello, I am new to Virtual DJ and am just starting to figure it out.
How do I download and install this automix timer feature?

Posted Wed 30 Mar 16 @ 5:58 pm
Hey guys,

I've been wanting something like this for a while and this is is very cool!
I'd like to add/change someting if it's possible though...?

Is there a way that i can:

A) start the songs from a later point? If you want to hear only 3 mins of a track, it seems a bit unsatisfying to hear only the beginnings/buildups of every track. The action in a song is usually somewhere in the middle. Therefore even more ideally you would want to actually let VirtualDJ calculate and play the middle 3 (or whatever) minutes of a track, but i don't know if that is doable...?

B) keep the tempo at a fixable point. Say 124 BPM? I might be doing something wrong, but tempo sometimes stays the same and sometimes slowly changes to the tempo of the new track.. Seems to me im just overlooking this feature, but i can't find it..

Cool stuff! I'll be getting into the VirtualDJ code myself, but these are just to things that would instantly make things better! :D

By the way, i am using this code from locodoc:

var $doAutomix ? on & set $doAutomix 0 & repeat_stop 'doAutomix' & repeat_stop 'pulseChecker' : off & set $doAutomix & repeat_start 'pulseChecker' 33ms & load_pulse ? nothing : repeat_stop 'doAutomix' & repeat_start 'doAutomix' 120000ms & automix_skip

the longer code with the 2 custom buttons doesn't work for me. The white block where the mix should be just moves to the right all the time. Exactly in front of the point where the song is being played. Like it's being chased...

Will be in touch --> Cheers!

Posted Tue 17 May 16 @ 12:02 pm
anyone? *bump*

Posted Mon 23 May 16 @ 9:31 am
No interest anymore?

Posted Thu 16 Jun 16 @ 10:19 am
I too could use a bit more guidance with the 3 minute mixing.

Posted Sun 23 Oct 16 @ 3:10 am
So.... after reading the thread, what is the solution for the "designated time" automix for mac and pc
please..

Posted Thu 06 Jul 17 @ 4:28 am
Scorchin wrote :
So.... after reading the thread, what is the solution for the "designated time" automix for mac and pc
please..

I think it's PC only, but there is now an effect for it called Timeskip
You can download it here:
http://virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?category=effects&sort=date&search=timeskip

When enabled that will automix to the next track after a set no of seconds
It should be run as the master effect (on the master pane) so it doesn't get affected by the resetFXOnLoad setting

Here is a short video showing it in use.
It's assumed that you have already downloaded the effect and installed the effect

Posted Thu 06 Jul 17 @ 6:48 am
@nassausky. Can you custom make TIME SKIP for home users like me who don't use a controller but want to auto mix for my own pleasure? I am prepared to pay. Let me know.

Posted Mon 01 Oct 18 @ 3:37 am
BoogieJHome userMember since 2017
have a look at

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I think it might be a solution for this issue.

Edited: Removed Link. Please read our forum rules

Posted Tue 20 Nov 18 @ 5:05 pm
any updates for this in 2021?

Posted Mon 22 Feb 21 @ 2:20 pm

Posted Mon 22 Feb 21 @ 2:28 pm
Coming from Serato, I'm new to VDJ. Can anyone break down how to implement this?

Posted Tue 23 Feb 21 @ 8:50 pm
JuiceWon wrote :
Coming from Serato, I'm new to VDJ. Can anyone break down how to implement this?

In VirtualDJ you can achieve this several ways. Either by scripting, or by "programming" songs (cue points with actions) or using the Event Scheduler feature.

Open Event Scheduler at top of skin. Then add following entries ("event items")
Entry 1) after 30 sec => script => automix ? automix_skip
Entry 2) after 31 sec => script => eventscheduler_start

Thats it ;-) Can of course make more advanced, but to keep the example as simple as possible to get an idea of the basic logic.

https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/topsection/appcontrols/eventscheduler.html

Posted Tue 23 Feb 21 @ 9:04 pm
that seems to do the trick, thanks for the assist!

Posted Thu 25 Feb 21 @ 3:29 pm
Just wanna say thx again, been working like a charm!

Posted Wed 17 Mar 21 @ 3:33 am
To make it even easier, you dont really need any of this...

Simply open VirtualDJ settings, and in options set automixMaxLength to the value you want ;-)

Posted Wed 17 Mar 21 @ 2:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)