Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Feeding a Cloudlist Automatically

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm setting up some cloudlists to share among my DJ team. One of them I setup as a top 20 feed list. The only way we can get this to work is by manually going to the sets on the site account for each of us and click the cloud to feed it to that automatic list. Is there a way to set this up so we would not have to go to every single play log and connect it to the automatic list?

Posted Tue 09 Feb 16 @ 7:07 pm
Anyone? Anyone?

Posted Wed 10 Feb 16 @ 9:16 pm
in the cloudlist settings (click "edit" button after making a list..) choose "automatic cloudlist"

It will then aggregate top 20 most played from feeders

Posted Wed 10 Feb 16 @ 11:44 pm
Right, I've done that. but the feeders have to go to the sets tab here on the site and individually connect each play log to that list....no?

Posted Thu 11 Feb 16 @ 3:10 am
Also, we discovered last weekend that the cloud lists only display if connected to the internet. what good is that? Why can't the cloudlists display offline?

Posted Thu 18 Feb 16 @ 8:26 pm
CMBDJ wrote :
Right, I've done that. but the feeders have to go to the sets tab here on the site and individually connect each play log to that list....no?

yes.. You "feed" into the cloudlist played sets of choice. At playlists you can see a box for adding to a cloudlist. In your case you can add multiple playlists to your cloudlist, both you and the other feeders. And it will auto generate a top played list.

CMBDJ wrote :
Also, we discovered last weekend that the cloud lists only display if connected to the internet. what good is that? Why can't the cloudlists display offline?

For now at least, its an online only feature. Hence the word "cloud". But in future it could perhaps be cached offline, up to the developers team if this is good or not.. ;)
What you can do for now - if you have a cloudlist you really really love and want to save if for offline use at tonites gig where you have no internet, you can simply select all the songs of the cloudlist of choice, inside VirtualDJ - then drag and drop them all to automix view in sideview in the browser and save this as a playlist file.

Posted Thu 18 Feb 16 @ 10:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)