Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: I'm old, I need it bigger....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mcs1234PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Gigging over the weekend, using this skin (my favorite, because it has "comments" in the deck view, which I need).
In the pic below, is it easy to make the value in the Loop section bigger?
I've looked in the xml for the skin, and the word "loop" appears about a zillion times and I don't see anything that distinguishes this field.
I'd like to make it about twice the size (within the box) so I can see it better.
Any clues? Thanks!!

Posted Mon 01 Feb 16 @ 6:52 pm
If you're only using that skin because it has comments on the decks, then I'd suggest simply picking another skin that has bigger loop buttons. It would be quite easy to add the comment field into another skin.

What's the resolution of your screen and the above skin?

Tip: If you use an older skin (that has a lower resolution), its graphics and text will appear larger on screen than VDJ 8 skins, which are mostly 1920x1080.

Posted Mon 01 Feb 16 @ 6:59 pm
That's a fun idea. I don't know how to add Comments to a skin, so that would certainly widen the field.
My screen is 1366x768. I store mixing/genre notes in Comments which is why I need a skin that has it.
Whatever you think is easier.... bigger font on this one... or where can I find the instructs on how to add Comments to a skin?
Thanks Groovin!

Posted Mon 01 Feb 16 @ 7:18 pm
Snap! My new laptop is 1366x768 too, and the new VDJ 8 skins are too small on it, as they're designed for 1920x1080.

I'm part way through making my own skin specifically to suit my needs and screen res as one doesn't exist.

I suggest having a look through the downloads here for a 1366x768 skin you like, then I can help you modify it...

Posted Mon 01 Feb 16 @ 8:23 pm
I'll definitely do that. Thanks.
[Because we all know a 17" lappy doesn't fit well in a backpack.]

Posted Mon 01 Feb 16 @ 8:28 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
mcs1234 wrote :
I've looked in the xml for the skin, and the word "loop" appears about a zillion times and I don't see anything that distinguishes this field.

Search for %loop You will find the 2 elements for the loop size to edit the size of the font

Posted Tue 02 Feb 16 @ 2:15 am
Found it! Thanks! ... and I made it yellow. Love that skin...
:-)

Posted Tue 02 Feb 16 @ 2:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)