Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Saving virtual folders? Easy...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
With this new windows tool you are able to save your virutal folders into "real" folders.
The programm show you all your virtual folders and you choose which one (or all) you want to save to an external hdd, USB flash drive, or another physical folder.

http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80350

Note: The virtual folder names in the program are displayed in a flat structure.
When copying the files, your virtual folder structure will be taken into account.
If you got a virtual folder named "House" with several sub- and subsub-folders, you will get the same structure in your destination folder.

Posted Wed 27 Jan 16 @ 10:32 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Just a note, in case someone uses this Plugin for the wrong purpose.
The Plugin is actually exporting your Virtual Folders, same as some others export your Playlists (Virtual FOlders are more or less Playlists).
So it makes no sense to use this Plugin to export your Virtual Folders into your computer, since the files already exist, and will lead you to duplicate files when trying to search.
It makes sense to use this Plugin to export your Virtual folders to some external storage media in order to share some Playlists (Virtual folders) with someone else or have your favorite tracks with you in case you dont want to carry all your media (e.g use a USB flash drive instead of your large ext HD to a gig)

Posted Thu 28 Jan 16 @ 2:41 pm
Yes, Thanks DjDad, I should've mentioned that.

I did so, but only in the German forum.

Posted Thu 28 Jan 16 @ 8:27 pm
This is a great plugin. Thanks for making it. Sometimes I want to put my virtual folders on a usb to play in a cdj or standalone player.
This makes it really easy.

One update to this would make it awesome: Have an option to convert any mp4 or video files in the virtual folder to mp3's when output to the new REAL file.
Just a suggestion. ;)

Thanks again,
DJ James

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 4:45 am
I'll have a look.

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 11:15 am
I just got started

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 11:42 am
PachN, could you make this work with filter folders too?

Posted Sun 29 Jan 17 @ 9:33 am
Isn't that already possible with VDJ?
Select filter folder, mark tracks, rightclick, copy to...

or do you mean copy and convert the filter folder?

Posted Wed 01 Feb 17 @ 10:34 am
Is it? I didn't know! I was just wondering why your app was only for virtual folders.

Posted Wed 01 Feb 17 @ 8:22 pm
Because a virtual folder is a file created by VDJ that can be read by other apps.
A filter folter is just a temporary selection of DB entries that meet the filter criteria.
No physical file is created that could be read outside of VDJ.

If you would want to export a filter folder using the tool you could save the filter content into a virtual folder first.
But as said above. Copying or moving files is possible from within VDJ.

Posted Thu 02 Feb 17 @ 10:08 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)