Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I had a realy bad experience today with 8.1 with the last build

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJAVIPPRO (OEM)Member since 2016
First the SZ every 6-10-15 minutes stop playing sound out i had to press apply every time for the music to comeback sometimes only restart helped very wired...
Second the SX2 stopped playnig like its not connected to the account and even that I connected again to verify its still happened like there was a problem with the server or something, both SZ and SX2 are 2 one month old i have a pro infinity license until today everything was ok i i am a wedding dj and i cant work with problems like that...
SZ works with macbook pro 2014 15" osx 10.9.5
SX works with thinkped i5 win7

Posted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 10:13 pm
Both systems failed on same location ?
Did you try again at home to verify you get the same behavior ?
I use both SZ and SX2 with latest build with 0 issues. I know this doesn't help your case, but I'm pretty much sure it's not the software, but something else. What, I don't know but you can help us help you find out...

Posted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 11:08 pm
First of all both SZ And SX were connected to my ups surge protection as always, the usb cable is new from pioneer, I worked on Sunday everything was fine but today i realy want to know what happened, til today i didn't connected both mac and pc to wifi For two days I connected them just to update 8.1 latest build i am connecting them to wifi only for vdj updates, before start working i am always checking that i am signed to Vdj then checking in the audio tab that all connected, today everything was ok and till the problem started i didn't connected to wifi in both computers, for the SZ problem every few minutes in rendom time its just disconnected from VDJ even when there was no change in the audio setup !
Now i see in a picture that I took today a "ghost" fader in the right side what happened there ? Any clue ?

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 1:02 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
The Ghost fader is by design its telling you that your hardware position is not matching the software position.

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 3:53 am
Ok but why i see the ghost fader if all was connected ?

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 10:54 am
Does the gain knob or slider on your controller, control the position of the gain slider on the software?

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 7:05 pm
do you mean usually or yesteday when i had this problem ? beacuse usually it does...

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 8:33 pm
I mean usually. Are you still having this issue?

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 9:01 pm
today i downgraded to 8.0 2053 i cant have this problem again especially in a wedding, i will test it over the weekend...

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 9:09 pm
DJ SWID wrote :
First the SZ every 6-10-15 minutes stop playing sound out i had to press apply every time for the music to comeback sometimes only restart helped very wired...

I can confirm this, it is a rare bug, I never had it live, but I had it many times when practicing,sometimes I can force this audio out bug, when I'm mixing videos, scratching videos, Wifi On, Remote apps connected tablets and smartphones, connecting/disconnecting midi controllers, and microphone, I had a few crashes this last week, I was online, so I guess the reports were uploaded, I have a core 2 duo 2.2 4gb ram macbook osx 10.7 stanton scs1d(x2) and a scs1m mixer firewire soundcard.
when I have the audio drop out I have to open settings and press "Apply" on the soundcard settings, the audio comes back on, but sometimes it goes out a few mins later, I have to repeat the process, if the sound doesnt come back by pressing "Apply", I have to switch to internal soundcard, press "Apply", switch back to my external soundcard, press "Apply" and sound is again playing. when this no longer works I restart vdj
sometimes I can also force the audio drop by connecting a microphone (I have a key to turn on mic on deck 3 line in), when the first audio drop happens, I force the "mic in" key a few times on/off and the sound is again cut.
(I had a few issues with the mic line in in the past, causing some audio/video lag)
I have this audio dropout for quite sometime now, I tought it was my old macbook, or a firewire issue, but since it never happened live I didnt report it before.

Posted Fri 04 Dec 15 @ 8:00 pm

Posted Fri 04 Dec 15 @ 11:02 pm
t1908aPRO InfinityMember since 2011
up

Posted Mon 07 Mar 16 @ 6:46 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Why are you bumping an old post without contributing any relevant information?

Posted Mon 07 Mar 16 @ 6:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)