Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ Remote App won't connect

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

On the same WiFi network
I run Virtual DJ 8.1 Pro
I go to Settings > Remote
I run the VDJ app on my iPhone
"The device is ready to be connected"
I check the "Connect automatically" checkbox and click Connect.

On the left panel it shows "Waiting" for the status. On the right panel, the "Connect" button still says "Connect." No matter how many times I click "Connect," it's not connecting.

The phone says "Approve this device on VirtualDJ 7"

Of course, it's 8.1, not 7.

I checked the App Store to see if there is another version of the Remote App to connect to VDJ 8.1, but couldn't find one.

What's the solution to get the app to connect to VDJ?

Posted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 8:56 pm

Posted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 9:03 pm
Mac, iPhone.

Yes, remote devices tab is where I go to set up the remote control

Posted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 9:06 pm
I suggest you check the connection to the network computer-to-computer. Create an ad hoc network on a macbook, turn on the network for the iPhone and try to run.

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 10:22 am
I got it to connect.

I ran a gig tonight and used the phone to connect several times.

Unfortunately, the app crashes FREQUENTLY. Basically, any time I task away from the app, then come back to it, it acts like it's lacking connection, then crashes. When I restart the app, it connects, and I can control my deck. But the crashing is an issue. Any thoughts?

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 11:10 am
Happens on the Android version as well, just freezes and becomes unresponsive.

Was reported some time ago but I ditched the app so don't know if it got fixed.

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 11:20 am
Hopefully someone from the team can respond. It quit 100% of the time I used it, and had to restart it to connect again. Same Wifi. iPhone 6S Plus and Mac Notebook.

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 12:22 pm
I wish I had the option of using it with midi over USB like you can with the Serato remote. I use the remote kinda like an SP1 so the library is just a bonus to me but I'm not walking around like some guys either. It's been pretty good for me over WiFi though.

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 12:46 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
As I've said many times before, if your device supports it then you can always USB tether Huey.

As for issues with it freezing or becoming unresponsive, I can't help with iOS devices since I don't have any, but more information to acrually troubleshoot with would be useful.

I'm not aware of any issues outstanding on the Android version with regards to freezing or becoming unresponsive Keith :)

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 1:09 pm
I can't even get my phone and computer to recognize one another, please help.

Posted Fri 01 Jan 16 @ 3:56 pm
I am sorry I am using a PC with an Android phone.

Posted Fri 01 Jan 16 @ 4:06 pm

Posted Fri 01 Jan 16 @ 4:37 pm
The last few weeks, I can get the app to connect to VDJ: iPhone 6S Plus, 2-month old Mac notebook.

The problem is, if I leave the app and go back to it, it crashes. I then have to re-run the app.

Any solution for this?

Posted Fri 01 Jan 16 @ 11:25 pm
I can't connect. Every time I go to the app on my computer it asks me to install bonjour. I already have it

Posted Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 11:38 pm
Pay £10 for a app that crashes. Any fix.

Posted Sat 15 Sep 18 @ 8:49 pm
No, not yet. Apparently there's no quick fix which is pretty poor TBH.

Its not been developed in years.

Posted Sun 16 Sep 18 @ 1:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)