Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: W10 updated last night.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
any signs of problems yet

Posted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 2:33 am
Surely you should be asking this before you update?

Posted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 7:38 am
Oh no, you didn't hear about all the problems everybody has been....................................................read this. I know I've read it and still have not upgraded yet. I can wait until after the holidays. Why give myself a headache, when I have drunk customers to give me one?

Posted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 7:44 am
I'm just curious... my laptop just upgraded the other night and I have a gig on sat night and I have latest update of V8... iv been really busy to test it out but I have time only on Friday... a day b4 the gig lol

Posted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 2:07 pm
OldTomPRO InfinityMember since 2014
"I'm just curious... my laptop just upgraded the other night and I have a gig on sat night and I have latest update of V8... iv been really busy to test it out but I have time only on Friday... a day b4 the gig lol"
-- Talk about "livin' on the edge." Reminds me of the feeling you get on the edge of the plane hatch, ready to jump -- knowing someone else packed your chute.
But, with a full 24 hours ahead of the gig to sort things out-- I'm sure you'll do just fine.

Posted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 3:22 pm
Panos, you would think someone who has been involved with the software for so long wouldn't do something like this. Not exactly professional if it goes to crap during your gig .....

Posted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 3:29 pm
Busy????? Busy doing what, sleeping? You can sleep Sunday after the gig. You better start testing now, to know what you are in for. Yeah I know, I don't practice what I preach, but I don't cry when something goes wrong either. And I definitely don't upgrade my OS before a gig.

Posted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 8:13 pm
i kno guys... when you leave your laptop running and see it updating nek minut and it says DO NOT TURN OFF, nothing you can do about it... I'm gonna set up now

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 1:44 am
so far SOOOOOUL GOOOOOD

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 2:36 am
Windows 10 updated itself..... don't think so......

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 7:41 am
ran another fun filled 6 hour test of it last night with it sitting on the back counter.
AFTER I went in and turned OFF pretty much every app permission that the windows 10 update turned back on. and it ran flawlessly after that. took a couple minutes (5-10?) to do it but well worth it.

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 9:09 am
I do not know how but it did...

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 9:22 am
@Wild

Run this tool, it basically disables every link that enables Windows to call home and blocks communication in the hosts / firewall. It also disables call home services and uninstalls any KB updates that are not needed.

http://dws.wzor.net/

Keith

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 9:23 am
its running very smooth with cdj400s

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 9:24 am
I just checked my settings and some of them were turned back on to send and get info... damn windows

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 9:31 am
Run the tool above and it does the lot. No more messing about.

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 9:36 am
I got nothing to hide... I don't need to use that, I can shut them off manually

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 1:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)