Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: License says not valid all of a sudden and shuts off my controller mid-gig! - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Quote :
I guess the takeaway is, I don't want to see the login every time I fire up VDJ. I DO want to be notified every time if I have no license, immediately on start up. Sorry home guys, I have respect for those who are learning the craft but no license, is no license. There needs to be a nag screen every time. I have zero care that it makes home users click a nag box every time when it could mean preventing legal action and loss of money for my business. I get the thinking, but I hope we have all learned allot about the weaknesses here that could have prevented this.

There's 3 steps to follow to make it work exactly like that:
-Make sure don't ask again is not checked, so that you will always get the login popup in case there's a problem with your license
-Make sure remember me is checked, so that you don't need to login every time
-Login when the popup appears

Posted Sun 24 Sep 17 @ 1:55 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
DHoude wrote :
I don't want to see the login every time I fire up VDJ. I DO want to be notified every time if I have no license, immediately on start up.

I disagree, no license should always notify.

I also think you should consider a totally offline fail safe of some kind. I need to play my shows, end of story.

Posted Sun 24 Sep 17 @ 1:59 pm
Also I don't see a way to show that message again. I have to log out to get that window back and un check it. Now that I have done that to test what you have said, I see that it does not notify me to log in on every attempt to start VDJ.

This just has always been a bit unclear to me and with several threads in the past, I know for a fact I am not the only one. I always knew there would be an issue one day and users warned you years ago when this method was implemented. I am merely offering a logical workaround that also would have saved that event.

I still suggest some kind of completely offline safe mode where I can use my old key to get through a show. Limit the amount of time to 48 hours and up to 5 restarts before VDJ won't work at all until it activates online. That would be amazing!

What if I had to buy a new laptop in an emergency.. Especially with stupid forced Win 10 updates. I just may not have internet access for a number of reasons. Professional software needs Pro level recovery when failure goes a couple layers deep.

Posted Sun 24 Sep 17 @ 2:19 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You are right that 'Don't ask again' doesn't make much sense if you do have a license, so I'll make it so that that option automatically turns off every time you successfully log in.

Posted Sun 24 Sep 17 @ 2:28 pm
Thank you, that could fix it from one aspect. I really thought "Don't show again" is like every other don't show again box in that I would ask me to log in every time. I literally always look for them as they are that common. I had never considered that it would allow me to be a no license user when every other service forces to log in again when that information is lost.

Please also consider an emergency activation too. I have done huge three day events where people are paying big bucks to be there. We need a way to force VDJ to work if everything else is failing.

This may not be a publicly answerable question, but I am not even sure if a license.dat file would activate a replacement laptop. Do what you may with that question, but I also work in software and I can see some issues that really should be addressed with this design.

Posted Sun 24 Sep 17 @ 2:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)