Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is El capitan better or Yosemite better for VDJ8.1?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Now that the Pioneer drivers are out and VDJ8.1 is out should I make the leap to El Capitan?

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 8:18 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Not all of the Pioneer drivers are available for El Capitan yet. If yours are, there's no reason why to NOT install it. (It's solid!)

Posted Wed 25 Nov 15 @ 3:21 pm
I have tried the Numark Mixtrack Pro II on both Yosemite and El Capitan.

On Yosemite = *****
On El Capitan = ** - Cue volume very low

Posted Wed 25 Nov 15 @ 8:51 pm
So far so good. Needed to Chang video full screen output setting to 2. Seem to run smoother. If you have DDJ-sz jump into the El Capitan the water is fine. :)

Posted Thu 26 Nov 15 @ 4:51 am
Hello VDJ community :)

Okay with Yosemite I found at least 3-5 bugs such as VDJ crashing if you Genius search certain folders in my case the DanceHall reggae folder. It would consistently crash right away. I also found the rhythm bar sometimes had sync issues where the right deck displayed a beat ahead of the left deck.

So far with El Capitan and VDJ8.1 is solid. I tested late night night for hours and a major part of this morning and it has been flawless. Not a single glitch. Again so far. It even seems to flow smoother as well. If VDJ was playing and the mac went into screen saver mode coming out VDJ would produce a minor glitch /bump as the drives spin up and the screen refreshes and updates. Now its smooth as butter.

So if you are on the Apple platform and have been waiting until the transition dust blows over from my point of you -- You're Good!!!

I am using a 2.66 Late 2014 Mac Mini 8gb ram with dual screens (one playing music videos) external 4TB drive sync'd with iPad for VDJ remote control and a Pioneer DDJ-SZ.

Cheers

Posted Thu 26 Nov 15 @ 5:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)