Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Solution for Missing Songs in VirtualDJ compared to iTunes (engl/ger)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ZuphaelHome userMember since 2015
Hello Folks,
yesterday a DJ asked my for help. There was a problem with about 150 songs that where missing (8.000 Track DB in iTunes). I googled it and most solutions simply told the user that they have DRM Files, but if i recall correct itunes is drm free for years and there where not whole albums missing. Other solutions told that there is a problem with to big databases etc etc.

Non of these where a real solution. I checked the missing file and it appeared to me, that they have a wrong extension! Also they did come from itunes store they are .m4p and not correctly .m4a's. So I added this m4p extension to the vdj settings where you can define the location of your itunes db xml. Restart vdj and tadaa, all files show up :)

Just thought I share this solution, in case any one would expirience similar problems.

Greeting Zuphael

Und nochmal in Deutsch. Hier geht es um das Problem, das Virtual DJ einige Songs aus iTunes nicht erkennt. Ich habe das Problem vielfach gegoogled und trotzdem wurden mir keine wirklichen Lösungen angezeigt. Mal soll es DRM gewesen sein, mal dynamische Listen und so weiter. Alles im allen keine echte Lösung. Dann viel mir auf, dass die Datei-Endung falsch war. Obwohl Sie im itunes Store gekauft wurden hatten sie eine .m4p Endung und nicht die korrekte m4a.
Als ich in den Einstellungen von VirtualDJ dann die m4p hinzugefügt hatte und neugestartet waren alle Dateien da :) Falls also jemand ein ähnliches Problem hat, einfach mal da wo man auch den Ablageort der itunes-xml verändern könnte die Dateiendung hinzufügen.

Viel Spaß :)

Zuphael

Posted Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 7:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)