Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Syphon Server (Bug)................

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This has been a Long standing bug, pretty much since the plugin was released.

When you are using SyphonServer as a visual for audio only tracks and have a MP4 on 1 deck and a MP3 on another the screen will look like this,

Once you unload the MP4 the visual will go back to full screen.

I have posted about this many times before yet it still remains, can we get this fixed pleased?? This is of no use to me the way it works now and since theres no Milkdrop or anything like it for the Mac side this could at least work properly......

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 3:45 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
This is not a VDJ8 bug, it will be a problem with the plugin itself and is therefore best posted in the plugins section.

I will move it there.

If memory serves I was unable to replicate your issue, but I will have another look later.

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 8:04 am
Well I guess I have to take your word for it and hope you do look at it again.

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 12:15 pm
I'm not understanding this actually.

You're using SyphonServer8 as a visualisation?

So you're sending video from VDJ to another application only when VDJ isn't playing video?!

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 1:05 pm
I'm guessing you're talking about SyphonClient, since I've just been able to replicate this bug there.

I'm testing a fix now.

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 1:24 pm

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 1:52 pm
No Scott I'm not sending VDJ to anything.

I'm using the SyphonServer8 plugin which brings in other apps like Resolume into VDJ.

Here's the link, http://es.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?category=effects&search=syphon

As for the skill comment that not aimed at you, the at Atomix in general.

They don't make their so they hold no responsibility when things don't work. It's a cop out in my worthless opinion.

I'm just of being brushed off every time something doesn't work or VDJ crashes on me.

I'm tired of always being told that it's my fault when I know for a fact that the only thing that's changed on my machines is an update to VDJ.

I defend this program all the time outside of here but this is getting ridiculous now.

I'm not an idiot.......

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 2:42 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :

I'm using the SyphonServer8 plugin which brings in other apps like Resolume into VDJ.

The SyphonServer8 plugin SENDS video from VDJ to other apps like Resolume. The SyphonClient app BRINGS in video from other apps like Resolume. Both are available at that link. Like I say I believe it's the SyphonClient plugin you are having issues with, despite your insistence otherwise, and it is that one that I have fixed.

If you're using the SyphonServer8 plugin to BRING video into VDJ then please explain how, because the code is not capable of that.

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 4:04 pm
SBDJ wrote :
beatbreaker1 wrote :

The SyphonServer8 plugin SENDS video from VDJ to other apps like Resolume. The SyphonClient app BRINGS in video from other apps like Resolume. Both are available at that link. Like I say I believe it's the SyphonClient plugin you are having issues with, despite your insistence otherwise, and it is that one that I have fixed.

If you're using the SyphonServer8 plugin to BRING video into VDJ then please explain how, because the code is not capable of that.

Would you like me to post a video of the SyphonServer pulling Resolume into VDJ?? Because it does just that, maybe you got the names mixed up when making them??

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 4:27 pm
The build of syphonserver8 on the website does not pull video in via Syphon, I've just downloaded it and tested to be 100% sure.

SyphonClient does.

A Syphon Server sends video. A Syphon Client recieves video.

To triple check I just opened the source code of SyphonServer8 and it has absolutely no drawing code in it at all. It's impossible that it could draw to VDJ. If yours does then there is a problem, possibly that you've renamed it, possibly that you've got some strange test build. If this is the case, remove all Syphon plugins and install the two current ones from the website.

Then use SyphonClient to pull the video in and marvel at the full size video, along with options like transparency.

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 4:30 pm
Will try it all out again tonight.

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 4:49 pm
Ok I apologize, it was syphon client and not syphon server. Won't get into why I thought it was the other but everything is fixed.

So yes I was wrong and I apologize for that part.

Thanks for the fix.

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 11:43 pm
Good news :)

Posted Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 6:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)