Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to designate which deck is affected by the keyboard shortcut I press..?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

First off, hi to everyone here. I'm brand new to the DJ'ing world and so far I'm loving it. (I'm actually a sports bar owner who increasingly became more & more interested in what the DJ's that I hired were actually doing. The more I learned, the more impressed I was by the skill level that's involved. It's an art AND a science. (As you can tell, I'm quite excited about this new passion of mine.)

So anyway, here's my very simple & very noobish question:

I'd like to map a couple of keys on my keyboard to alter loops, but I'm running into the problem of manipulating the wrong deck from time to time. (i.e. I'd like to exit a loop on deck 1 but when I press the shortcut key it manipulates deck 2, or vice versa)

What am I missing..? I tried reading manuals and I've watched lots of the tutorials & quick tip vids but I'm still not sure of a solution.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps, and I'm happy to be a part of the community here.

*pro subscription currently, using vj-pro for my music videos. thinking about subscribing to ContentUnlimited*

Posted Thu 01 Oct 15 @ 6:03 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Without a deck specifier, actions affect the selected deck (which is switched by the tab key)

to specify a deck, erm specify the deck.

deck 1 play_pause
deck 2 stop
deck master effect_active

Posted Thu 01 Oct 15 @ 7:46 am
So simple, thanks so much!

Posted Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 5:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)