Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: OS X El Capitan Bug Thread - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

OS X El Capitan, please post your findings GOOD or bad here. I'm curious to see if it plays nice nice with VDJ8. I'm still on V.10.9.5 as i heard less than favorable reviews of Yosemite. Supposedly 'El Capitan' is 1.4x faster.

Posted Tue 29 Sep 15 @ 11:34 pm
NI email

Musicians using Native Instruments should not update yet:
CRITICAL compatibility warning with the upcoming Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan upgrade

Dear XXXX

Before upgrading to the latest version of Mac OS X – version 10.11 El Capitan, please consider these potentially serious issues concerning your KOMPLETE, TRAKTOR, and MASCHINE products. Two major issues have been identified:
1. NI plug-ins do not pass the AUDIO UNITS validation in Mac OS X 10.11 – Logic Pro affected
In Mac OS X 10.11, Native Instruments AUDIO UNITS plug-ins will not pass the AU validation and will therefore not be available in Logic Pro. The root cause of this issue has been identified and a solution is currently being developed in close contact with Apple.
2. Incompatibility with some older NI hardware
There are compatibility issues between some older NI devices and Apple’s upcoming operating system. This issue triggers a 'kernel panic' – this serious problem will crash the connected computer immediately, resulting in loss of any unsaved work, or serious disruption of a performance.
The following hardware is affected:
TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 (MK1)
TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 (MK1)
TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 (MK1)
AUDIO 8 DJ
AUDIO 4 DJ
AUDIO 2 DJ
MASCHINE (MK1)
GUITAR RIG 3 (RIG KONTROL 3 hardware)
There are beta drivers already available that fix this issue. Updated drivers will be released as soon as they have been fully tested on OS X 10.11 – shortly after Apple releases OS X 10.11 to the public.
Download the beta drivers here
To keep your system working normally with the affected products, we strongly recommend waiting before upgrading your computer to OS X 10.11 El Capitan until these issues have been fully solved by either Native Instruments or Apple.

Stay up to date on all future developments regarding Mac OS X 10.11 compatibility here
Thank you for your attention,
The Native Instruments team

Also saw something from Numark to hold off on updating yet.

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 1:16 am

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 10:46 am
djlk4uPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I'm looking to update to El Capitan (Currently on Yosemite 10.10.4 with no issues) but are essentially waiting for senior Atomix Productions staff to give the 'all clear'. Thanks in advance.

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 5:01 pm
Here on El Capitan 10.11.1, everything works well

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 6:23 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I've been running VDJ8 on El Cap for the last few weeks using the final version. (Us Apple devs have had the final build for the last 3 weeks.)

I've done over 8 events with it, some lasting 8+ hours and zero hiccups at all.

Obviously, your mileage (due to personal configuration) may/will vary. (My laptops are STRICTLY for music and do NOT have any other software installed except for iStat Menus'.)

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 9:09 pm
I'm going to update second bootable drive soon, see how it pans out.

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 11:22 pm

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 11:51 pm
djlk4uPRO InfinityMember since 2008
PhantomDeejay wrote :
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/204257/General_Discussion/_WARNING__OS_X_10_11__El_Capitan_.html

@PhantomDeejay thanks for that post (or repost) re warning. I had not seen that! Heeded and noted!

Posted Thu 01 Oct 15 @ 1:02 am
I am using El Capitan (mac) and the upgrade took my prelisten setup away. When I tried to mess with it.. to find a new way to work it.. every time I hit the 'more' button on the sound setup selections, Vdj FROZE and i had to "Force Quit" Virtual DJ. I never did find a way to get prelisten the way I want it, because of having Virtual DJ FREEZE. Normally (for me), prelisten comes through my computer speakers, not my headset where I hear what i am streaming. With this Mac Upgrade, i am hearing the prelisten in my headset.. even though I did not change any settings in Vdj or Mac Preferences.

Posted Thu 01 Oct 15 @ 5:39 am
has already tried someone VDJ 8 and DDJ SX 2 with El Capitan on Macbook Retina ?!

Posted Thu 01 Oct 15 @ 7:58 pm
I have not downloaded the new OS X for mac yet...Does anyone know if VDJ 7 works well with it?

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 1:26 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Sven DeKay wrote :
has already tried someone VDJ 8 and DDJ SX 2 with El Capitan on Macbook Retina ?!

Yes, I am running this configuration with no problems at all.

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 1:17 pm
Oh thats Sounds good !!!
How Long you Test it ?!
DDJ SX 2 no Problem ?
DDJ SX 2 Sound no Problem ?
VDJ 8 no Problem ?

Did you Video or MP3 Test. ?!

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 2:56 pm
i dual booted my hd, running pretty smooth so far

Posted Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 2:03 am
Up graded to El Capitan... with 2013 MacBook Pro Retina 13 inch top of the line. Using Pioneer DDJ SX-2 -- Everything including video is working great! Not true with the competition (Senato). Though I had a problem with seeing files... but then realized I had selected view only video files.... whoops. All is good!

BTW - for what it's worth: Recently switched back from Serato DJ to VDJ 8 - In my opinion... it's much more flexible than Serato DJ with Video add in or with Mix emergency running with Serato DJ - VDJ 8 more full featured and just as stable plus give me more than two video decks. .

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 6:13 am
hola instale el capitan en mi mac retina estoy corriendo virtual 8 pero tengo problemas con los formatos de video vob y mpg el audio lo reproduce bien pero el video se queda congelado o en pantalla negra alguien con este error?

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 9:23 am
danieldjklan wrote :
hola instale el capitan en mi mac retina estoy corriendo virtual 8 pero tengo problemas con los formatos de video vob y mpg el audio lo reproduce bien pero el video se queda congelado o en pantalla negra alguien con este error?

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 5:02 pm
just upgraded to el capitan and i am using the numark mixdeck and i cannot get anything to work can someone please help........

Posted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 1:49 am
‼ EL CAPITAN Mac OS X 10.11 WARNING ‼
As we warned last week, please do not upgrade to the new Mac OS until you have checked to see if your hardware is on this list of supported products-> http://www.numark.com/kb/article/1915
Additionally check with your preferred software manufacturer and make sure they are El Cap compatible.
We are working hard to get your gear compatible and encourage you to bookmark the above link to stay up to date with our El Capitan news.

Posted Mon 19 Oct 15 @ 1:15 am
57%