Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Vdj8 on yosamite

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

id101PRO InfinityMember since 2010
I've just got a mbpro i5 mid 2012 on yosamite and can no longer use or get an update to vdj 7 pro that I used to use to fix the iTunes problem. I have the pay monthly licence and have installed the latest vdj 8 is it stable enough for gigging as I have a wedding tomorrow and would like to use the new setup.

Or I can go back to my old macbook and use vdj7pro

I am using a denon mc6000mk2 with it.

Honest answers please

Cheers all

:)

Posted Fri 25 Sep 15 @ 10:41 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Before I replaced my Macbook's a few weeks ago, I had the same configuration as you with the Denon 6000MK2. Under Yosemite, everything works fine.
(However under El Capitan things tend to work a little better.) - El Capitan is available this upcoming Wednesday from the App store and is a free upgrade.

Posted Mon 28 Sep 15 @ 1:36 pm
what did you upgrade to? I'm still waiting to hear if everything plays nice nice with vdj8. Dont like taking chances with the gig computer.

Posted Tue 29 Sep 15 @ 11:36 pm
I'm not able to open or play music from my iTunes library or any music at all on Vdj8. I did purchase Content Unlimited and seems to be the only music that I can play BUT instead of getting songs and tracks with a green check mark i'm getting ALL of them with a RED circle which I was told if that happens that means the tracks are NOT gonna be a good quality sound. How can I fix this? I'm using a Mac(Yosemite) with Hercules RMX.

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 2:37 am
I'm not able to open or play music from my iTunes library or any music at all on Vdj8. I did purchase Content Unlimited and seems to be the only music that I can play BUT instead of getting songs and tracks with a green check mark i'm getting ALL of them with a RED circle which I was told if that happens that means the tracks are NOT gonna be a good quality sound. How can I fix this? I'm using a Mac(Yosemite) with Hercules RMX.

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 2:38 am
OK an update I've done two weddings now without a hiccup using Vdj8 there are a couple of usability things I'm not keen on like not being able to drag out or press delete to take things out of the autoplay side menu. You have to right click>remove them which on a macbook with a single button is a bit of an arse. On the subject of the autoplay sidebar is what used to be the side list took me a bit to realise! Next will be to update to El Capital but I make take a look round first to make sure there are no issues

Posted Fri 23 Oct 15 @ 8:56 am
Oh and the other thing I'm having issues with is the pitch being automatically adjusted every time. I can't find how to turn it off at the moment I thought I had but it still does it which is annoying

Posted Sat 24 Oct 15 @ 11:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)