Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Almost ruined wedding after purchasing license

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hercules RMX Controller Won't Play Music after License Purchase

I was DJing a wedding last night and using Virtualdj OSX v8.0.1806. After 10 minutes of music, right when I was starting my set, my Hercules RMX controller stopped working. Unfortunately, this was about 30 minutes before I had to announce the bridal party. I then paid $99 + tax to purchase the license to use my controller for longer than 10 minutes and this is when everything went downhill.

I closed Virtual DJ and reopened the program, but I could not get music to come out of my system. I was as if the signal was not flowing through the controller to the speaker.

I spent 45 minutes trying to figure this out, restarting the computer, unplugging the controller and RCA cables from the controller and the speaker... I tried everything!

Thankfully I managed to use iTunes and got sound to come out of my speaker, using the Hercules RMX as the soundcard!
The wedding went well THANKFULLY but I was unable to use Virtual DJ and unfortunately, I need to ask for a refund for purchasing the license as it nearly ruined the evening!

Please provide a refund for the trouble of almost ruining a special moment but allow me to keep the license for my trouble.

Posted Mon 21 Sep 15 @ 2:38 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
1806 is over a year old. There is absolutely no reason to be running a build that old! In any case it sounds to me like something was wrong with your audio configuration. As a side note purchasing software at a gig to use at that gig is extremely bad practice. You need to professional - test and be prepared. It's your reputation on the line after all.

In any case you would have to contact support to request a refund:

http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

Posted Mon 21 Sep 15 @ 9:05 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
DJMikeMusic318 wrote :
Please provide a refund for the trouble of almost ruining a special moment but allow me to keep the license for my trouble.

One or the other, I'll doubt you'll get both.

Posted Mon 21 Sep 15 @ 12:59 pm
I've been running the Hercules RMX since VJD 5. Never had a problem. Most likely you don't know how to set it up, and you tried to get away with using the free version to make money off of it. Otherwise you would have purchased the license way before your gig and not when the trial runs out.

You need to respect yourself and prepare things before hand. There are tons of help for the RMX here and from http://ts.hercules.com/ if you actually purchased your RMX, if you got it second hand, then, you get what you pay for.

Invest in yourself. I've made tons of money as a DJ, I have the full pro license and it has paid for itself more than enough.

Posted Mon 21 Sep 15 @ 2:27 pm
Sadly this is no-one's fault but your own. Simple as that.

Posted Mon 21 Sep 15 @ 3:39 pm
So let me get this straight You were trying to use the free version with a controller to make money It shut you down so you purchased vdj and had no idea how to configure the system to work with the rmx Now you want a refund after you tried to scam....,,

Karma......

Posted Thu 24 Sep 15 @ 2:56 am
I have been using VDJ for years and am capable of setting up the system to work properly. Why did that system not work when everything was set up as it was previously? Bottom line, if I purchased the license, it should work.

Considering it did not, shouldn't I get a refund?

Posted Sat 26 Sep 15 @ 8:56 pm
I hope you didn't ask money for the gig.

Posted Sun 27 Sep 15 @ 8:41 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Since you didn't have a license before, you would not have had years of experience setting up this controller.
The problem could have been anything from incorrectly installed drivers, wrong settings in the Hercules control panel, to a wrong sound config in VDJ.

Posted Tue 29 Sep 15 @ 9:13 am
Warakurna wrote :
I hope you didn't ask money for the gig.

The gig turned out well because I used iTunes and went through the Hercules soundcard into my Bose L1 Compact.

Adion wrote :
Since you didn't have a license before, you would not have had years of experience setting up this controller.
The problem could have been anything from incorrectly installed drivers, wrong settings in the Hercules control panel, to a wrong sound config in VDJ.

I've been using an older Lite version (VDJ5)

So turns out now, wherever I bring VDJ, I need WiFi, otherwise I can't login to prove my license. Any advice on what to do if I'm in a place that doesn't have WiFi?

Posted Sun 11 Oct 15 @ 11:36 pm
Incorrect you only need to log in if you have logged out.

There are two ways to log out
1 by pressing log out.
2 by logging in to more than 2 machines, and the first machine being connected to the net after the 3rd login happened.

Therefore you can only lock yourself in a place with no net connection by pressing log out.

Posted Sun 11 Oct 15 @ 11:49 pm
locodog wrote :
Incorrect you only need to log in if you have logged out.

There are two ways to log out
1 by pressing log out.
2 by logging in to more than 2 machines, and the first machine being connected to the net after the 3rd login happened.

Therefore you can only lock yourself in a place with no net connection by pressing log out.

So set it to "Remember Me"

Posted Mon 12 Oct 15 @ 12:47 am
Yep, this has been thought about at length and has been tweaked to avoid problems for legit users while making v8 a bit more secure against piracy.

Posted Mon 12 Oct 15 @ 3:48 am
... Yeah never update during a gig.. I got vdj8 and at first had issues but I had a working system before hand "serato" came with my pioneer ddj sx2 and took the time to iron out my bugs with the help of some awesome people here. Vdj8 runs perfect but it's still now going live for me yet. I will do a few 4 hours sessions at home to run it through the gears with my controler before going out with vdj8. Best way.

Posted Mon 12 Oct 15 @ 7:52 am
CRAP!!! Now I can't get VDJ to open! Keep getting this error:
Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000020

Posted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 4:05 pm
Downloaded an reinstalled the program - works fine now!

Posted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 6:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)