Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Plugin denied, why?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I've tried via pm to find out why my plugin u-238(m) was denied with no reply. So I ask why publicly and further request that Atomix give feedback to denied plugins.

Posted Sun 30 Aug 15 @ 10:27 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If i recall your Plugin was using some extra "hidden" VirtualDJ deck. I am afraid we cannot allow this as it may have impact to other operations such as loading (to a deck that is not visible), or auto-assigning a MIDI controller to a later deck.

Posted Mon 31 Aug 15 @ 7:40 am
*excuse the spelling, newly installed machine*

Hmm, thanks for the reply, You recall correctly.

I don't think loading to the phantom deck would happen as I include a check for the current active deck and revert to the old active right after cloning. Also I did specify that the plugin was for master out users (I have the instructions for the non master users written up)

As pure script given to forum regulars & as a plugin to my limited beta group I got no reports of problems but I know (as you do) excitement for a new "thing" can "blind" the user to the critisism that is wanted.

Until you use a "thing"/feature it's just an ornament and "99 decks" , well frankly I'd be annoyed spending the time developing that, when the uptake/understanding is so low..
Atomix needs to help users join the dots.

As for auto assigning, I'm not to familar with what goes on with that, but guess I could script not to auto-assign.
If I host the source could we try work it out? as 99 decks are cronically under used and phantom decks are the key to pseudo side chains, sample loop OTF, and honestly phantom decks make things exciting (no wave, no bpm, it's like I spontainously created another 1200 and a another copy of my disc, I'm back to using my ears.)

Posted Mon 31 Aug 15 @ 9:32 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I am not telling anyone not to use all 99 decks. But if someone does, then he will know exactly why and when he is doing that.
If a Plugin uses a later deck and user doesnt know that, then this may cause "troubles" and he will never think that this comes from that one.
Controller assignment is done automatically taking some parameters into account, basically the number of the decks that each one offers, the 'type" which is an internal parameter in definitions and some others.
As for the available decks on loading, once a later deck is assigned (available) actions like browser_enter which are found in lot od mapping files will not work as they should, meaning that if both decks are playing the track may be loaded to a invisible deck and the user will not have no idea what went wrong.

Anyways, all we want is to avoid having troubles in Support and we want to stay away from "potential" ones if such a method is used.
Please try to find an alternative way to achieve what you want. I am personally not experienced in Plugins, but i am sure you will get all the help you need from others.

Posted Wed 02 Sep 15 @ 10:52 am
Thanks for the reply, I can't yet think of way that doesn't clone out (but there is an vague idea using the sampler bouncing round my head), as for both decks playing, that only happens when the plugin is active & in the feed position, so while the chances are slim I get atomix's caution.

I'll have to hook up some hw & try find the point of failure, but will welcome any input from those wise to the ways of the plugin.

Posted Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 6:24 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
What exactly are you wanting to accomplish?

Posted Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 2:13 pm
It clones and mutes the source deck, the clone feeds into the echo fx with low feedback, on a dial twist the clone mutes the echo source, turns up the feed back and unmutes the original deck.

I'd say it's like a echo snapshot (i like snapshot as a name)

Any ideas?, I've still not thought too much about using the sampler yet.

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 9:29 am
I'd say rather than cloning and try to use hidden decks/sampler etc, you would be far better off writing it as an actual echo effect doing the audio processing itself. That way you have ultimate control and zero dependence on anything else.

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 11:16 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The default Echo effect even already has a 'Mute source' button which pretty much does exactly that. (Don't feed the audio into the echo, so it will gradually fade out)

(Not sure if I understood correctly what it does, but it doesn't seem like something the echo effect can't do already)

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 11:56 am
@Adion
It's similar but the difference is because the echo effect is on a clone, bringing the source back in to the mix doesn't pollute the echo.
So you can get a clean decaying echo transition from just one deck.
Also it works on with pause decks.

If the native echo fx had a button allowing the source to bypass the fx, allowing the built up echo to decay clean, then it'd be more or less the same, except I like using dials as switches, (all controllers have fx dials buttons are a bit rarer).

You should dig it out of the bin for at least a look, as a mixing tool it's versatile.

@Scott
I haven't seen any source that manipulates the sound (the buffer?) well none that made sense to me yet. All my plugins so far have been script based, but am keen to learn.

Posted Sat 05 Sep 15 @ 7:02 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Yeah example source code is very rare...
I only found one for a v7 effect but none for v8.

Would be nice to see a full disclosure tutorial of a simple build in effect for audio and video.

Posted Sun 06 Sep 15 @ 8:35 am
I intend to create a few :)

Posted Sun 06 Sep 15 @ 11:07 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
That would be awesome :)

Posted Mon 07 Sep 15 @ 9:23 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Sat 12 Sep 15 @ 11:21 am
Thanks for that I'll pick at it to try learn stuff.

Posted Sun 13 Sep 15 @ 10:56 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The main differences with the old sdk for sound is that now audio samples are a float (float values from -1.0f to +1.0f) instead of a short (integer from -32768 to +32767) and you have dynamic samplerate instead of a fixed 44100Hz.

It's always a stereo signal so interleaved audio samples in the sound buffer (ie left channel, then right channel, then left channel, then right channel, ...)

Posted Mon 14 Sep 15 @ 6:45 am
My God!! is DjCel in da House!!! maybe new plugibs soon? ;)

Posted Wed 16 Sep 15 @ 4:12 am
wow, thanks for posting all this , it is incredible.. I had no idea.

Posted Sun 20 Sep 15 @ 9:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)