Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: disable the channel color mixing feature in the rhythmzone

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have my left deck in red, and my right deck in blue. But in the rhythmzone both waveforms are mixed with a purplish result...

In VDJ7 I had both colors of each waveform the same... Result: the waveform of the selected deck was on top, in full color, and the other deck was hidden behind the waveform of the selected deck. No mixing of colors. Everything clear and clean, easy on the eyes.

How can I achieve this in VDJ8?

Posted Sat 29 Aug 15 @ 5:42 pm
users guide page 111

skins section of options

Posted Sat 29 Aug 15 @ 6:23 pm
Page 111
"coloredWaveforms:
Select which color scheme is used on the waveforms to identify the beat, vocal and instrumental areas"

This doesn't answer my question, Wickedmix...

Posted Sat 29 Aug 15 @ 6:47 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
This option was available in the <rhythm> skin element ..
<color back="" chan1="" chan2="" both=""> : (optional) Give simple colors to the curves. The colors must be a key in the standard VGA palette. This can be faster on slower systems than to use the chan1, chan2 and both definitions (see below)

.. which is not used/implemented in version 8.

the <rhythmzone> skin element which is used in version 8, doesnt give you the option to define the color if 2 or more waves are "overlapping"

So what you see for is not possible in version 8.

Posted Sun 30 Aug 15 @ 4:57 am
I'm confused... Are you saying that I should use the old "rhythm" verb, not the "rhythmzone" to achieve this in VDJ8?

Posted Sun 30 Aug 15 @ 8:37 am
what i am saying is that this feature you are looking for only existed in the <rhythm> element which is not available in version 8, therefre you cant have this feature !!

Posted Sun 30 Aug 15 @ 9:33 am
I see.

Thank you for taking the time to repond to this, DJDAD. I appreciate your input, as always.

Posted Sun 30 Aug 15 @ 9:50 am
Could you be mistaken, Babis?

As a last resort, I tried the old VDJ7 code for the rhythm element and whadayaknow? I now have PERFECT, NON-BLENDING, COLORS IN THE WAVEFORM and to top that off, I now also have NON-FADING GRID MARKERS!!! Yippeee!

...or is there something I don't know? (Like, maybe, a time-bomb thing if VDJ7 code is used in VDJ8... LOL)

Posted Wed 02 Sep 15 @ 3:55 pm
My bad. You are right. The <rhythm> element is still supported (at least for now) but if i recall it has some issues on the Mac platform.
That is the reason its "deprecated" "unofficially" and not mentioned in the Skins Wiki page for version 8.

If you are about to share this skin with others, make sure you mention this in the Description so that Mac users know that it may be displayed incorrectly on their side.

Posted Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 2:42 am
"at least for now"
DJDAD... DON'T TELL THE DEVS!!! I DON'T WANT THEM TO CHANGE THE PROGRAM SO THAT THE OLD RHYTHM ISN'T POSSIBLE ANYMORE!
Sorry, for shouting.
Nervous, you know...

Got it (about MAC users).
Thanks for pointing that out.

Posted Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 3:42 pm
Deejay Corny wrote :
Could you be mistaken, Babis?

As a last resort, I tried the old VDJ7 code for the rhythm element and whadayaknow? I now have PERFECT, NON-BLENDING, COLORS IN THE WAVEFORM and to top that off, I now also have NON-FADING GRID MARKERS!!! Yippeee!

...or is there something I don't know? (Like, maybe, a time-bomb thing if VDJ7 code is used in VDJ8... LOL)

oooh, I like that a lot

Posted Sun 20 Sep 15 @ 8:42 pm
I still have a couple of things that dom't work right, but as soon as it's OK I'll publish the new skin.
:)

Posted Mon 21 Sep 15 @ 7:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)