Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Filter roll fx like numark ns7 2 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Do we have a plugin that works or sounds just like that amazing sound effect on the numark ns7 2?

Posted Thu 30 Jul 15 @ 4:59 pm
Locodog has a beta plugin.contact him.....

Posted Thu 30 Jul 15 @ 6:06 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I'll give the source a dust off and have a crack at it over the next couple of weeks, skint for a couple of weeks so spending time coding is a cheap pasttime.

Posted Sat 01 Aug 15 @ 11:45 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 6:34 pm
cool but I had to rename Loco's Fliter Roll to #2 as I couldnt then install yours Scott.now with both I'm comparing them both.seems the same...hmm
edit: now how I script this to the numark NV's filter roll button? and why is this not incorporated on the native mapping yet? Oh thats right theres a problem when a loop point has not been set prior...

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 8:44 pm
thanks SBDJ that's exactly what I was looking for.

Posted Fri 07 Aug 15 @ 8:36 pm
I cant install it! im running windows 10, I dont know why its not lettting me do it.

Posted Fri 07 Aug 15 @ 8:39 pm
What happens?

Posted Fri 07 Aug 15 @ 9:09 pm
ok I got it now, its just that i have to run it as an administrator to install it, but after testing it for a few minutes when i turn off the filter roll sometimes the loop in the song doesnt stop, until i unload the track.

Posted Fri 07 Aug 15 @ 11:24 pm
djsampamix wrote :
ok I got it now, its just that i have to run it as an administrator to install it, but after testing it for a few minutes when i turn off the filter roll sometimes the loop in the song doesnt stop, until i unload the track.

Samething happens to me except EVEN when I load another track the roll continues but with the new track. I have to shut VDJ done in order for it to stop.

Neither of these plugins work very well, they do weird things. I can't use these.

Posted Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 1:18 am
Well its the first I've heard of it, so I will have a look....

I'm not psychic :p

Posted Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 1:44 am
I only downloaded it today and for the hour I messed around with it was never consist.

Posted Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 1:50 am
I keep thinking about it, I just don't like how basic it is (mine, although the only difference is Scott's uses slip and mine uses global slip), to my mind it should move a beat forward or backward but then the curve needs rethinking.

*Idea for the current problem* instead of slip and SendCommand"loop" wouldn't it be better to manipulate the loop roll effect (advantage you can loop, & no slip & sync issues, ), I'll have a crack at it this evening, beta it out and send it to you (Scott)

Posted Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 6:20 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Using the Loop Roll Effect would force you to pass from the 3/4 beats value, which imo is not a good choice (it gets you out of beat) . I could never use the Loop Roll Effect parameter knob just because of this.

Posted Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 6:23 am
I don't use slip in mine; I use the loop roll effect but bypass the 3/4 and use my own curve. This has an added bonus that you will find out about in the next beta :D

I could actually add an 'No 3/4' option to the loop roll effect if you want Babis.

Posted Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 9:37 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Oh Yes Please ! :)

Posted Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 12:39 pm
Hopefully the next beta has quartz file support also.........been a few months since I thought it was gonna be released.......rather have that then a filter roll.

Posted Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 5:33 pm
SBDJ wrote :
I don't use slip in mine; I use the loop roll effect....

Great minds think a like, (you got there way earlier) Has the loop roll verus slicer conflict been resolved? I brought it up ages ago, and self solved via script, maybe that's the problem (if it hasn't been fixed)

*Off topic* you missed loop roll 1.5 which sounds great with d&b and breaks, I've been 1/2ing my bpm for over a year to unleash the funk

Posted Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 8:22 pm
Hi guys,

any news about the next beta release you were talking about back then?

:)

Thanks!

Posted Sat 16 Apr 16 @ 8:36 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
skatercorpse wrote :
Hi guys,

any news about the next beta release you were talking about back then?

+1

Posted Mon 09 May 16 @ 4:10 pm
95%