Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Text is hidden when I show a video or picture.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello, when I use the "text" plugin when I displayed on the image screen, the text gets behind, so it is hidden.
How to put a text made above a video or image?
Thank You.
Christian

Posted Sat 25 Jul 15 @ 10:59 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
How are you displaying the image?

Try activating text after whatever it is you use to display the image.

Posted Sun 26 Jul 15 @ 6:01 am
Hi,
I display an image either with the sampler or showlogo8.
On a video is the same.
I tried to activate the image or video before text and vice versa, but the text is always hidden.
Thank you,
Best ragards,
Christian

Posted Sun 26 Jul 15 @ 4:15 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Showlogo8 is designed for logo display so will always try to be on top.

Posted Sun 26 Jul 15 @ 6:48 pm
Hello,
ok i have got it for showlogo8 but for others effects as "SAMPLER" ?
I realized that it was only on "samplers" this problem.
When I put a video from my library text appears well on the video but not on a sampler.
If some do not know the sampler, this allows to use short sequences for VJ effect.
I use it in the club and it's convenient to have a message loop club (example : name of club) or give a visual effect.
On a sample Indeed, it is sometimes useful to add a text over, send an instant message.
For information, I did not have this problem with Virtual DJ7.
With Virtual DJ7, it is "clipbank" rather Sampler (here sampler for vdj8).
But we must change is not it? We must use vdj8 to the detriment of not finding what we had before.
I'd like my text visible when I use the sampler.
Can you help me please ?
Thanks for your help.
Christian

With video in my library :

With sampler video :

With VDJ7 :

Posted Wed 29 Jul 15 @ 8:09 pm
Hello,
I'm desperate...
I changed and I used plugin "Text 2D" and "ScrollText" instead of "Text".
I know these plugins have been provided for VDJ7 but I tried with VDJ8.
It works with VDJ8 but there are some compatibility issues, in my mind.
Until then everything works fine except for one thing: Although I change the font size, the text remains the same size.
On my PC display is perfect even if I can not change the size of the PC against the nightclub, it is so tiny that it is hard to see. We do not see the text in other words.
I do not understand anything !
Who knows it in plugins "Text 2D" and "ScrollText" to ensure that it works correctly on VDJ8?
Thank you a lot.
Christian

My PC with Text 2D :

My PC with ScrollText :

I don't have screen shot of the club but it is so tiny...

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 12:40 pm
I've had same results here in my studio when displaying on a full resolution Asus 24 inch monitor and when I just use the Alienware m14x display.the text becomes smaller because oif the clubs high resolution display as opposed to your laptop display resolution you have it set to...is it fixable? dont know.only SBDJ can maybe rewrite the plugins with say a resolution control?
edit: internal text also does the same thing if I rembember (dont have vdj open right now)...

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 10:13 pm
Setting the TVdjPluginInfo8.flags to VDJFLAG_VIDEO_VISUALISATION seems to effect if it will play on top of the sampler or not. With this flag set, the sampler will play on top regardless if VDJFLAG_PROCESSLAST is also set or not. If the VDJFLAG_VIDEO_VISUALISATION is not set, then VDJFLAG_PROCESSLAST controls as expected with sampler or not. This is either a bug or undocumented behavior. Awhile back I removed the VDJFLAG_VIDEO_VISUALISATION for TM and TV as a result of user feedback.

Posted Thu 13 Aug 15 @ 8:36 pm
tjlabPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Unable to display text suddenly. Used to be able to but then updated Virtual 8 and now can't do it. Any advice?

Posted Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 4:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)