Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How many playlists have you've lost because of the Automix window?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm at 3 and counting. Why can't playlists be edited in the same main window in which you play the songs? Having to edit the Playlists in the Automix window isn't intuitive at all. All the changes are just made, no confirmation or nothing. I've never seen a more dangerous way to edit playlists. When you highlight all the songs in the entire automix directory, your thinking that your only deleting the songs from there. But nope... the playlist is empty too. Not a good way to edit playlists. Please do better. I spent days putting together playlists. The fact that the playlists were so easily deleted really upset me. If you create an empty text file in windows, before you can delete that file, or even make changes to the file, windows first asks for confirmation. But with VDJ8 playlists? You can zap out a playlist that you spend weeks working on without any confirmation or anything. it doesn't make sense to allow changes to a file (that someone spent weeks working on) without confirmation. I've never seen an editor behave in this manner. Databases? Yes but out of all the applications that I use that can edit files, I've never seen a program that would allow changes instantly and without confirmation (other than MS Access of course). Later.

Posted Wed 15 Jul 15 @ 1:59 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
None

Posted Wed 15 Jul 15 @ 4:08 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
How do you open your playlists?

You can edit playlists in the browser area by selecting them in the folder tree.
You can also load it in the sideview and edit it from there by drag&dropping a playlist to the sideview.
In this case you should see the header of the list is the name of the playlist you opened and not 'Automix'
(To go back to automix use the buttons at the bottom of the sideview)

You can also load the playlist in the automix or sidelist by using right-click Load In Automix or Load In Sidelist.
In this case the contents of the playlist are copied in the automix list.
Any changes or deletions you then make in the automix are not saved to the playlist. You can however use 'Save...' from the automix options menu to save changes made.

Posted Wed 15 Jul 15 @ 4:29 am
Hi Spoonie, do you have the option saveplaylist set to yes or no?
maybe that's the problem, I save all my playlists and have never lost one yet.
Another way to retrieve your work is to look in the history folder and find what you played on a specific day, you can even reload tracks from there into the Automix panel and then save it.
hope this helps
ray

Posted Wed 15 Jul 15 @ 4:44 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
None

Posted Wed 15 Jul 15 @ 9:29 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Whats a playlist...

Posted Wed 15 Jul 15 @ 11:03 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hm Tayla is taking the mickey, he's bound to know.

Anyway for the newcomers, if you bring up the Automix window in the bottom right hand corner, then click on the radio button on the right hand side its title bar this will brings up a menu. At the bottom of the menu is save ! If you click on save you then get the option to save those songs in the Automix widow. Name the playlist to suit, maybe 1970s 2, which would represent your 2nd 70's playlist. Now it exists all you have to do is find it again in the future. This can be done by looking in the explorer window on the bottom left hand side. Near the top you will see things like Sampler, My Music and Playlists !! Clicking on the little + sign will expand the playlist folder. If you left click on a playlist it brings the songs up in the main browser window, whilst if you right click you get the choice of loading it into the sidelist, or Automix window, plus other functions.

Playlists are great for grouping compatible songs.
I've got around 40 or 50 which forms the core of my music.
They vary in size from 4 or 5 songs to about 15 covering all genres.

Posted Wed 15 Jul 15 @ 3:56 pm
squincyPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm having a real problem with a box coming up Save TrackEdit when loading certain tracks and this is after creating 2 playlists and installing the latest build !! NEED HELP QUICKLY !!

Posted Sat 01 Aug 15 @ 1:49 pm
please let me know what the solution is... I'm having issues when loading a new karaoke / video into a deck... before loading, it asked if I want to save trackedit. . thank you Michael

Posted Fri 10 Nov 17 @ 9:12 pm
Please - you only need to post about this ONCE.

Also, one of the threads you posted in already contains the answer - here (second post).

Posted Sat 11 Nov 17 @ 8:50 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
michaelhawkins1 wrote :
please let me know what the solution is... I'm having issues when loading a new karaoke / video into a deck... before loading, it asked if I want to save trackedit. . thank you Michael

Short answer videoCreateLinkOnDrop setting to No to turn this feature off

Off Topic. Please do not reply to my post. Open a new topic or find a relative one like the one posted above

Posted Sat 11 Nov 17 @ 9:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)