Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Improving NS7II with vdj8 question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So i'm currently using the numark NS7II with the latest vdj8 on a macbook pro with osx mavericks. My question is is there any way to make it run like serato dj? The reason i ask is because i get the occasional ''audio glitch'' or ''stutter'' when the platters are spinning as well as when pressing the deck switch 3 & 4. But when they're off no issue. I use bit accurate which seems to help as well as using 45rpm but with that the spinning decks move slower than the non moving decks.

Anyone from atomix team care to pitch in? djdad, sbdj, adion?

Posted Sat 04 Jul 15 @ 5:39 pm
I have a smilar setup:
NS7 II with macbook pro OS X Yosemite. No audio glitches or stutters. I also use bit accurate and 33 is my RPM

Posted Wed 08 Jul 15 @ 2:47 am
MAcbook pro 13inch 8 gigs of ram Solid state drive NS7II I experience the same problems.. Also if I do a list of music and put it on auto dj after about 30 minutes the sound gets garbled . If i turn off the platters this does not happen. Also Have to occasional have to play with the start and stop times if not When I start a track it will be like the start times is set to slow and the song slowly winds up to speed. I have the same problem with serato doing the same thing. So all this is most likely a number and matchbook pro issue that no one will even solve.

Posted Mon 31 Aug 15 @ 10:28 pm
Sadly it just seems to be that VDJ doesn't get on well with motorized platters.

If you look through the forum way back into the mists of time, there have been many issues with anything that has a motor - and the problem goes away when the motor is disengaged. I think one "spanner in the works" is that different platters have different ideal VDJ settings, and it's just not possible/practical to set VDJ so that it works 100% with all the various units.

Posted Wed 02 Sep 15 @ 7:16 pm
Well that figures. But then again even serato doesn't like motorized controllers as I currently have audio issues with it. Vdj though not as bad but still better one of the two softwares. However my pioneer sx2 running great on both.

Posted Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 4:56 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
groovindj wrote :
Sadly it just seems to be that VDJ doesn't get on well with motorized platters.

Actually I use the NS7-II for 99% of my current gigs and it performs flawlessly (with the motors on).

I was able to replicate a slight audio issue when switching deck overlays though (slight bend in audio, happens when changing inactive deck for some reason) so will look into that.

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 11:20 am

SBDJ wrote :

Actually I use the NS7-II for 99% of my current gigs and it performs flawlessly (with the motors on).

I was able to replicate a slight audio issue when switching deck overlays though (slight bend in audio, happens when changing inactive deck for some reason) so will look into that.

Those slight bend in audio happens with the motors active on the mac version as stated in my original post (didn't know how to describe it like you did) but not on windows 7. Hopefully there's a fix in the mac version.

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 10:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)