Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Occasional stutter when loading songs Virtual Dj 8 Mac

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm using iMac 2010 intel core i3 3 ghz with the behringer studio 4a. I've never had a problem with the behringer on a pc, but using it on the mac I ran into a few stutters last night while playing live.

Didn't always happen on the same track, but would happen when loading some tracks. I think I've narrowed it down to larger files/higher quality files, but I can't be sure.

Does the latency have any effect on Mac with this setup?

I turned off ultra latency and set the latency from auto to 2048 but I didn't notice any delay in playing music, so I'm not sure these even had an effect? I did a short set over headphones (the skip would happen there too) for about 25 minutes and didn't get any skipping, so this may have fixed it, but I'm desperate to make sure I've got everything set right before we go live tonight.

Edit: To add to this, I right-clicked and did the analyze option on all tracks before the set, so they've all been analyzed.

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 9:11 am
Going to try changing song load priority to idle, hopefully this also helps. The program works almost flawlessly except for the occasional drop out.

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 10:08 am
So Three things I did:

Turn off ultra latency
Turn Latency to 2048 (from automatic)
Turn Track Loading to "Idle"

Made things a lot lot lot better. But about three hours into my set I got skipping again. Thinking the source of the problem might be heat. Going to clean fans and report back for anybody this might help.

Posted Sun 28 Jun 15 @ 11:16 am
Let me know. I have similar issues on my PC. at random times the sound will freeze as if I did a 1/32 roll and I have to restart the program. I just changed song load priority to LOW, but I am not even sure if that is what was causing it.

Posted Wed 29 Jul 15 @ 8:45 am
dmaxv1PRO SubscriberMember since 2015
If your pc has more than one USB slot try another slot. They may have different processing speeds. Be sure to uninstall and reinstall your dj board as well. This fixed my stuttering problem.

Posted Thu 21 Dec 17 @ 11:32 pm
You're replying to a post made more than two years ago...

Posted Fri 22 Dec 17 @ 2:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)