Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Setting a variable with a verb...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm having some trouble trying to get this to work:

action=”set ‘%Temp_Var’ get_text ‘%tocue3’ & param_cast ‘integer’”

Essentially, using a verb to set a variable. I'm pretty sure it's a quotes problem?

Posted Fri 19 Jun 15 @ 6:47 am
In a similar vain, trying something like this is also drawing a blank:

action="songpos_remain `cue_pos 1` ? True : False"

My head hurts :-)

Posted Fri 19 Jun 15 @ 8:09 am
Might help if you could explain what you are trying to achieve by the code.

I'm sure Locodog will have the answer.

Posted Fri 19 Jun 15 @ 9:01 am
Essentially, I've been trying to compare if the song position is past a cue point and display different text on a button. Locodog offered some advice where get_text is used as part of a query but it doesn't quite work.

So I had a rethink and tried to do it a different way using variables or the songpos_remaing.... as detailed above.

Knowing if setting variables or querying verbs with a verb is possible would be helpful. I can't find any info on the wiki that says either way.

Posted Fri 19 Jun 15 @ 10:39 am
fatalfunk wrote :
I'm having some trouble trying to get this to work:

action=”set ‘%Temp_Var’ get_text ‘%tocue3’ & param_cast ‘integer’”

Essentially, using a verb to set a variable. I'm pretty sure it's a quotes problem?

set 'TempVar' get_text "%tocue3" & param_cast 'integer'
However this action will run only once (e.g. every time you hit the button) and not constantly.

So it's better to tell us EXACTLY what you want to do...

Posted Fri 19 Jun 15 @ 11:42 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Here is an example comparing the current position to the Cue1 position

<textzone visibility="get_text "%Btocue1" & param_cast 'integer' & param_bigger 0 ? true : false">
<pos x="+2" y="+11"/>
<size width="352" height="25"/>
<text size="25" color="#E1E1E1" weight="bold" scroll="yes" format="Text when HotCue is before the current position"/>
</textzone>

<textzone visibility="get_text "%Btocue1" & param_cast 'integer' & param_bigger 0 ? false : true">
<pos x="+2" y="+11"/>
<size width="352" height="25"/>
<text size="25" color="#E1E1E1" weight="bold" scroll="yes" format="Text when HotCue is after the current position"/>
</textzone>

As you may see, you actually query the BtoCuex with visibility so you need 2 textzones, one for each case.

EDIT. Actually the visibility is .. get_text "%Btocue1" & param_cast 'integer' & param_bigger 0 ? true : false
somehow the BBcode changed the " to "

Posted Fri 19 Jun 15 @ 8:43 pm
Thanks djdad... That worked a treat and allows me to manipulate text based on Cues points and song position :-)

Posted Sat 20 Jun 15 @ 11:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)