Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ Remote v.8 - for iOS and Android - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I pressed the change the skin option, and it changed but now i cant revert to the original. I wont be the only one who tries that I'm sure.

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 10:31 am
A reinstall fixed the above. Great looking and useful and long awaited on Android. First observations... No volume control?

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 10:48 am
@Scott,

It's some cheap 8" tablet I bought from Walmart a year ago, "Nextbook 8" is the name.

I've been running TouchOSC on it since I got with no problems.

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 11:26 am
It's not working for me on a 1st gen iPad (5.1.1).

The previous one had been fine (ran it with VDJ 8 to check before updating). The App Store Updates area told me there was an update, it installed fine - but when selected, the screen just goes black for a sec then back to the iPad desktop. The app is running. I can see it in the 'running' bar and can select it and close it but that's all.

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 12:27 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
OK Huey - I think I know why the Play Store has listed it as not compatible with your device and I will fix it :)

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 1:01 pm
Sounds good bro 👍

With costumer service like this it's hard to switch to anything else 🙏

Scott you never fail 🍻

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 1:25 pm
Aye, you wouldn't get personal service like that from Traktor or Serato ;)

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 3:36 pm
Well actually they called me last night because of a problem I was having and it was about an hour and a half call :-)

Now thats the only problem I've had with SDJ I couldn't fix myself..........

BUT and that's a BIG BUT, Scott has come through for me more times then I can count, as well as Bob, Dan, Phantom, Tayla and a few others here. Both company's support systems are run differently and I prefer the Atomix method by far!!

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 5:44 pm
First impressions.. A I LOVE it!! B need a way to transition VIDEO (yes I know I can link the crossfaders. C Need Volume control, unless I am missing something.. This is just perfect for what it is!! Thanks TEAM!!

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 5:55 pm
Pressing load from the after finding a track crashes (or reloads) VirtualDJ. Comes back up with either the track loaded or sometimes with nothing loaded. Doing this from my Macbook with my Android Galaxy S3 SPH-L710T. Other than that good with no Latency.

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 7:01 pm
Just a note to users, make darn sure all the effects that don't work in VDJ 8 are removed from your effects folder... I had some issues scrolling thru effects that when you get to 1 that is not supported in 8 it threw up error/warning messages in VDJ.

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 7:06 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Another warning...
If you change the laptop skin while the Remote is connected you might also get the famous overlap of 2 display modes on the Ipad (slicer over the deck in my case).

Sorting by column i.e. title, artist, bpm, genre, key, etc... might be a good feature to add on the next versions.
Overall it's good : )

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 10:35 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Is it possible to get a flat animation of Folders/ Files View change?
That flip is annoying and takes too much time.

Android btw.

Posted Sat 06 Jun 15 @ 2:33 am
Finally, a remote for Android! I already bought it, seems to work quite nice. I'll probably won't use it very often but it's a very cool feature, thanks!

Posted Sat 06 Jun 15 @ 10:15 am
Just bought it and so far it looks great! Only one problem found so far: when I type in a search term, if I try to backspace, it will only let me backspace over one (maybe 2) characters and then it just ignores the backspace. I know I can hit the "X" to clear the search box, but can we get backspace to work too? Thanks!

Also... I don't know what all the complaining about the skin is over. It looks good, it's simple and functional. Once I had the navigation figured out, I didn't have any problems finding what I needed.

Posted Sat 06 Jun 15 @ 5:58 pm
Is there no landscape mode or am I being dense?

Posted Sat 06 Jun 15 @ 9:20 pm
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I got mine ,I download from applestore I did everything it was working perfect for like 20 minutes ,i try to use all wavefoms default,and color and after the time frezzeng all the music keep playing i could not change anything and boom I close .now i was trying to playing again and doesnt want to connect.
First time I connect vía bluetooth. Thats what im trying to do again help please. Im using MacBook pro. Ipad 4 generation.

Posted Sat 06 Jun 15 @ 11:18 pm

I'm running 4.1.1 Jelly Bean so Im not sure what the problem is........

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 5:35 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
beatbreaker1 wrote :
I'm running 4.1.1 Jelly Bean so Im not sure what the problem is........

SBDJ wrote :
OK Huey - I think I know why the Play Store has listed it as not compatible with your device and I will fix it :)

There was a delay in pushing your fix as I needed to fix another issue with the Android remote too. Both fixes have just been pushed to the play store and will be available in a few hours once approved by Google :)

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 6:45 am
Any info on why it's not working correctly with 5.1.1 iOS?

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 7:12 am
14%