Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: novation Launchpad Pro's and cons

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm thinking of gettin a Launchpad Pro & would just like to ask if anyone is using one already, if it works and if I can set the sampler buttons to show the same colours as in VDJ?
thx
ray

Posted Thu 04 Jun 15 @ 11:50 am
I don't think the Launchpad Pro is natively supported yet - I only see the Launchpad, Launchpad S and Launchpad Mini on the list

When it does get supported (and I'm sure it will) I don't think it'll matches the colors by default, but if it works like the original Lauchpad (and I think it will) you can edit the mappings including colors yourself

But if I were to buy and use a new launchpad for just launching samples I think I would go with the mini. It has fewer possible colors, but has a much smaller footprint, much fewer layer-like buttons and at the third of the price. So a smaller cleaner cheaper setup, but still with the abillity to launch more samples that I would ever need. This is of course only if you only plan to use it for launching samples or controlling hot cues or something like that.

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 4:50 am
thanks for the input Klaus.

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 5:20 am
jenhenPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Can you explain how it is possible to setup the mini to only fire up cues and use your regular controller at the same time?

Posted Wed 08 Jul 15 @ 12:28 am
jenhen wrote :
Can you explain how it is possible to setup the mini to only fire up cues and use your regular controller at the same time?

VDJ supports multiple controllers at ones, so you simply connect them both (after installing drivers if needed).
They will then both work as controllers at the same time, while audio is handled by the soundcard in the regular controller
Then you take the native mapper or a mapper for the Launchpad that is close to what you want (for instance this one: http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80229), and start changing it if needed
I've started out with the one below at one point (this is for the full size launchpad, but can also be changed to handle the mini as described in the posts), but you can also simply use the default/native one and start remapping to whatever you like
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/188617/VirtualDJ_Plugins/Novation_Launchpad_Mapper_For_VDJ8.html
You can get tons of scripting help in this forum if needed

Posted Wed 08 Jul 15 @ 2:50 pm
Thank you very much would you suggest the launchpad the trigger multiple samples for the apC 20 or the orbitz?

Posted Wed 08 Jul 15 @ 3:03 pm
jenhen wrote :
Thank you very much would you suggest the launchpad the trigger multiple samples for the apC 20 or the orbitz?

For simply triggering samples I would probably suggest the Launchpad mini, since you don't need the extra sliders/buttons on the other two.
But I only own a launchpad, so you should also seek advice from people that have used the other two

Posted Wed 08 Jul 15 @ 3:06 pm
I will do that thank you it didn't dawn on me to use something to trigger many samples in succession I've been using the sampler on my D DJ but I always have to flip through banks to get to the one I want I'm supposing I can add many banks to the launch pad

Posted Wed 08 Jul 15 @ 3:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)