Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Locked by AMAHM - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Freedom of speech seems to be disappearing.

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 6:56 pm
homeBritish & World English (not going to happen)

There are 3 main definitions of (not going to happen) in English:

Share this entry
See definition in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
Line breaks:
Pronunciation: //
British
noun
1 [in singular] informal A tiring or unwelcome task: it’s too much of a to drive all the way there and back again
More example sentences
Synonyms
2A junior pupil at a public school who does minor chores for a senior pupil: a at school who has suffered a well-earned beating
More example sentences
verb ()
[no object] informal
1Work hard, especially at a tedious task: he didn’t have to away in a lab to get the right answer
More example sentences
1.1(Of a public-school pupil) do minor chores for a senior pupil: the lower boys in each house for members of the Library
More example sentences
Origin

Mid 16th century (as a verb in the sense 'grow weary'): of unknown origin. Compare with flag4.

No mention of a gay connection?
Interesting, no mention of my slang usage of the word either.

Let's look in a US dictionary.

No, we are not going to have the "freedom of speech" debate here. That only applies when it's against an overreaching government. In case you missed it. The moderators hold the rights to move or modify posts in order to keep the discussions clear or to facilitate the search.
Unlicensed users cannot write personal Email, Facebook, Skype, Phone number or any other personal contact details in the forum.
I WILL lock this thread down. Tear 'Em Up, VirtualDJ Forum Moderator.

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 7:13 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I know one thing, I never tell anyone I'm gonna pop outside for a anymore... I'm popping outside for a cigarette if anyone asks, rofl.

Absolutely got no idea why this thread was started but it's nearly 1:30am over here, I'm tired and I thought I'd lighten it up a bit!

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 7:18 pm
Has life got to be that tricky?
I'm old, old Tayla.

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 7:20 pm
Drop the subject dude. Each mod is an individual and uses their own discretion.

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 7:26 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
A-ha, I see whats happened here, bit of a language thing, don't worry Ron, years ago you could have been gay but now you'd just be happy, genuine mix up.

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 7:30 pm
It might be more important than you think Tayla.
There are strong forces which wish our people drunk, drugged up, and half dead through tobacco usage.

I have suggested that tobacco was the main cause of John Wayne's death due to lung cancer.
This is not a trivial issue to be swept easily aside.
It cannot be covered with a star cloth.

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 7:32 pm
Lol

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 7:34 pm
While you lol danielsr2006 very powerful industries profit from our peoples misery, and ill health.
I refer to the people of the West.

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 7:39 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Ron, don't do this. This is not negotiable. These forums reach people in all areas of the world. Our number one rule has always been "Be Respectful of Others". Hence, we will not allow a colloquialism to inadvertently offend someone. If you persist, I will lock the threads down. I hope I have made our position clear on this.

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 7:46 pm
John Wayne died because they made a movie on NUCLER testing grounds and he was eatin the dust the entire time......... Many people from the movie died, all had a form of cancer.

As for freedom of speech I don't really think that applies here because this isn't really a public space but it is what it is......

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 7:48 pm
Thanks for asking me TearEmUp.
"Ron, don't do this. This is not negotiable"

I already know you can delete, or lock any post you wish.
I accept your explanation.
You're decent people.

I don't know if you want me here, I know I'm akward, but I mean well.
I don't want our young DJ's getting the idea that it's wise to get drugged up, drink too much, and use the killer called tobacco.

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 7:59 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
We want everyone here. We also want everyone to be comfortable. Hence, my position here.

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 8:05 pm
Drugs aren't bad, look at all the great music that's been made by stoners!! Hendrix, Chili Peppers, Boy George, Metallica, the Rolling Stones, the list goes on 😂😜😂

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 8:10 pm
beatbreaker my father worked on Sellafield around the time of the reactor melt down in the late 1950's. He died of cancer. I know that what those people there did was in the best interest of our nation. The county called Cumbria was close to being akin to Chernobyl.
My mother smoked far to much after my fathers death, and it killed her at an early age.
The image created by the "Rat Pack" was one of hard drinking, and lots of smoking.
Bad.

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 8:18 pm
I saw Hendrix live playing the Star Spangled Banner a week before his death due to a drugs overdose.

Don't lead me towards an attack on drugs. I go back into history to the 1850's, and the Far East.
Find out for yourself about the Opium Wars.
I don't want to go there.

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 8:20 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Stupid edit, if it was meant to be used in the pejorative term then ok edit away but if you're offended by a synonym for cigarette, please grow up.

I find capslocks and +3 exclamation marks offensive, please edit those posts.

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 2:30 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Not everyone has English as their native language here though, and I think the use as a synonym for cigarette is not as well known (outside of the UK).
Therefore it is probably in your best interest to use the word cigarette instead, since otherwise people may unintentionally think you meant something else, which would be offensive.

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 3:43 am
My main concern is for the health of our people.
Where I live drugs of all types poison the young, including cigarettes which carry a government health warning.
Young teenagers routinely end up in hospital due to alcohol poisoning.
Highly addictive street drugs have been developed which steal their lives.

The stereotypes created by the mass media have devastated our world.

If no harm is done then I have no interest in any aspect of a human beings sexuality.
What consenting adults do in private is none of my business.

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 3:41 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 3:44 pm
57%