Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Song starts playing faster than usual

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,

I encountered an issue with the latest version of Virtual DJ 7 on an OS X Lion Macbook with a Denon MC-6000 the other night at a gig. Twice while headphone cuing the next track, the next track's waveform would suddenly move faster than normal. The problem is very difficult to explain - I wasn't able to use the sync button or adjust the pitch in a way that would slow the song to sync with the other. This problem occurred while using the jog wheel and pitch bending to beat-match. I had backups so I was able to keep playing while restarting VDJ. Restarting resolved the issue, but it happened twice - just wanted to see if you guys have had any experience with this issue? I haven't been able to replicate the issue since.

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 8:36 am
Sorry. Haven't had my morning coffee yet. This should be in the Mac support section.

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 8:43 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
So it's like the pitch bend command got stuck?

I run into this with keyboard use (I know why too,), I didn't think HW suffered from commands sticking, if it happens again press the pitch bend button (whichever you were using) that's the keyboard fix.
that or perhaps you HW is malfunctioning.

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 1:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)