Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Re-downloading issues HELP ME PLEASE

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bbest93Home userMember since 2012
Hi, I have already downloaded virtual dj to my previous laptop (sony) and now I own a Mac and it won't let me download the disk. It says “install_virtualdj_djc_v5.2.2” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer." I've tried to open it up in Finder to see if i can over ride it but i cant figure it out. It'll say sound error of skin error when I try and open virtual dj. I've tried to download it online at virtualdj.com but it doesn't work either. I've emailed customer service an no one has gotten back to me. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!

Posted Wed 13 May 15 @ 9:46 pm
Just checking - you are downloading the Mac version now, not trying to run PC s/w on your Mac?

Posted Sat 16 May 15 @ 9:07 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Your only ticket was Feb 2014, the CS agent responded to you but you didn't reply.

Your best bet is to remove the plist file and the reinstall as instructed.

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 5:42 am
groovindj wrote :
Just checking - you are downloading the Mac version now, not trying to run PC s/w on your Mac?

Yeah I was downloading the Mac version. Still no luck

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 11:54 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Sounds like you are running into the general installer safety as part of OS X. To change that setting (and allow this download), here is what you can do:

1- Click the Apple in the top left corner, and click 'System Preferences'
2- Click on the 'Security and Privacy' icon
3- On the 'General' tab, click the lock at the bottom and enter your password (if applicable)
4- Change the 'Allow apps downloaded from' option from it's default to the middle or bottom options.

Once that's done, you can install VDJ. (You may want to revert the security setting once the install is complete, however that's up to you.)

Good luck!

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 8:03 am
When I enter the disk to re-install the console it says "This software can’t be installed on this computer." It downloaded Virtual dj 5 djc edition but when I try and open VD it says invalid skin file.

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 12:18 am
dcomo wrote :
Sounds like you are running into the general installer safety as part of OS X. To change that setting (and allow this download), here is what you can do:

1- Click the Apple in the top left corner, and click 'System Preferences'
2- Click on the 'Security and Privacy' icon
3- On the 'General' tab, click the lock at the bottom and enter your password (if applicable)
4- Change the 'Allow apps downloaded from' option from it's default to the middle or bottom options.

Once that's done, you can install VDJ. (You may want to revert the security setting once the install is complete, however that's up to you.)

Good luck!

When I enter the disk to re-install the console it says "This software can’t be installed on this computer." It downloaded Virtual dj 5 djc edition but when I try and open VD it says invalid skin file.

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 12:18 am
I don't quite understand why you're trying to install such an old version anyway.

Why not install VDJ 8?

Posted Sat 06 Jun 15 @ 1:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)