Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Why do my BPM's disappear?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

RumourControlleristMember since 2015
As the title suggests, every now and then the BPM's and cue points disappear. Technical support have been little to no help at all. I'm using VDJ on a MacBook. I'm loading the tracks straight from an iTunes folder. Does anybody think this could be a reason?

Posted Wed 13 May 15 @ 3:21 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Are you moving stuff/ renaming stuff with something other than V8?

Posted Wed 13 May 15 @ 4:42 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Does it happen to all of your files or just some files?

What is the file system of your harddrive?

Posted Fri 15 May 15 @ 4:04 am
GSFonzyPRO InfinityMember since 2010
This has been an ongoing issue since I started using vdj6, the best advise is always back up the DB. I thought the bug got fixed with 8, but it just happened to me last week.

Posted Wed 20 May 15 @ 4:55 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
I'm so sorry but there can't be a bug in general because out there are so many user without this problem.
Myself included.

Most the time when a file show up as unscanned, was it moved or edited by the user.

For example:
When you move a track from folder A to Folder B, without using the VDJ browser -> You will loose the DB relevant details like BPM etc.
When you change inside iTunes the filename or also the destination of a file .. -> You will loose the DB relevant details like BPM etc.

Please keep in mind.
Inside the database the exact path details of a track is stored and so if you change somthing there it will fail on VDj side.
Volumename/Music/Example/Michael_Jackson - Beat It.mp3

When you now change on iTunes side just the filename to Volumename/Music/Example/Michael Jackson - Beat It.mp3 - It will show as unscanned!

I'm so sorry but i really believe there is just a wrong acting on your side then a software issue on our side.

If you use a external harddrive, please also check these drives are formatted with exFat.
In case you use it also on a Windows system.

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 7:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)