Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Timecode set up, help me please...someone... anyone. I'm too old (skool)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,
I've searched the forum but can't find the answer to my question so thought I'd try here..
I have been a vinyl user for years and trying to cross over to the digital age! I've got my time code set up OK so it is all working, however I am struggling to play 'normal vinyl' on this set up. When I switch to aux on the skin it does play it but it is much quiter than the tcv. Even if my gains are all the way up it is too quiet.
Has anyone experienced this before? Or better yet, have an idea how to resolve it? I saw somewhere that someone used a Y Splitter cable to split the deck phono lead to the mixer and soundcard??not sure if this was to help with normal vinyl or not?
Like I said I'm a bit old skool and way out my depth so if any up to date guys can lend a hand please let me know. Many thanks!! :)

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 1:45 pm

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 2:21 pm
Thanks Beatbreaker1, I've read through that link in the past, but doesn't say anything about using normal vinyl unless I'm missing something?? Cheers.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 2:46 pm
Look for a button that says "timecode_bypass" or map a button an that should do it for ya 👍

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 3:11 pm
Thank you, that is what I tried previously though. The normal vinyl did play through this way but was extremely quiet; this is my main issue. Any ideas?

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 3:16 pm
I'm not at home at the moment but I've to had this problem.

The way I fixed it was, I went and bought a set of Native Instrumets Mulit-Core cables and that fixed it for me.

Sorry I couldn't help you out any better 👍

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 3:22 pm
No worries, thanks though, I'll look in to that.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 3:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)