Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Good Song packages?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Any names of sites where i can purchase decent song packs? also is there any way to search content unlimited by genre or just to look through songs as a pose to searching individuals?

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 6:35 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
In some ways I'm more worried about quality. I try not to use anything below 320kb/s cbr, and even twitch over using mp3's? Lossy format's might pass into history.
It's interesting that at 320kb/s mp3 people start wondering if I'm using cd's, and praise my sound quality. It's all about the sound.
Quality is a funny thing, if you analyze the frequencies of some 60's songs you will find they're only comparable to a 160kb/s cbr mp3. That is to say the frequency range is limited.
OK so my comment hasn't helped, it's made things worse!
Were in a mess with our music, the new computer based system does not have a proper standard, as did the cd, which is still our idea of "perfect music".
Hence cd to lossless seems the best route, except it's not what I do!
Hello mp3 rubbish.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 8:07 am
NelumbLE userMember since 2013
Hi bigron1, I understand that "content unlimited" songs quality is not enough as you indicate?

Talking about quality of mp3 files, this is a big true... maybe in home we can't "note" the difference (or some people can't identify that...) , but when we play with a lot of watts, and very big speakers... we are amplifying also the bad sound... and this is very frustrating... ;)

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 8:15 am
@ bigron1 and Nelumb, start your own thread on music file quality. You two have rudely hi-jacked the thread and offered nothing to the OP.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 8:23 am
NelumbLE userMember since 2013
sure, sorry!

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 8:24 am
The point is that if your using a good quality pa then the limitations of some mp3s may be revealed.
A lot of users will not be in the least bit bothered.
However to achieve a quality sound everything must be quality.
It's hard!

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 8:31 am
That's your very humble opinion TD.
I disagree.
We need to know what were looking for so we can recommend song packs.
Quality is an important function of a good sound pack.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 8:40 am
bigron1, You have not answered the questions asked by the OP nor have you asked any questions of the OP, only graced us with your opinion on something not-quite on topic.
Do you know of some sites where this user might obtain song packs? If you know of a site with quality song packs please share with the OP.
Do you know of a way to search Content Unlimited by genre? If you know of a neat trick to get results by genre using the search option in Content Unlimited, share that info with the OP. He didn't ask for a lecture on lossy file formats?

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 9:55 am
TD, you seem to have missed the point yet again, I say it's relevant to the topic.
Your opinion does not count.
The moderators does.
So if you stop wasting my time, and let him do his job I would be grateful.

Maybe you could try helping khemikal youself?

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 10:35 am
khemikal, what kind of dj are you?
Home, club, mobile..?
The music you need is dependent on your usage.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 10:40 am
I was trying to help the OP, by ensuring the replies are relevant. Ramble on.... tell us how poor mp3 quality and lossy formats and how your great sound being compared to CDs informs the user where to obtain song packs or searching features in Content Unlimited. Several posts later you finally asked a relevant question of the OP, after you displayed your vast knowledge and opined on your choice of file formats.

And if the Moderators took action on every post that started off track they would never have time for anything else. I take pride in the fact that people from all over the world come to this site for knowledge and I try to provide when I can. Answer the question or ask a question, stay on topic, most don't care how much you think you know. If you don't have an answer find one or move to the next post. Save all the blah, blah, blah for your blog.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 11:12 am
TD, you're level was revealed when you felt that an aggressive punter throwing beer over equipment was more important than technical issues which allow digital dj's to compete in a world which is hostile to their very existence.
Quality, and reliability are necessary to turn the dominant CDJ clique into dinosaurs.
Were in the middle of a technology war, and your on our side.
Old school still dominates the cities, and the superstar arena.
Were not yet winning.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 11:21 am
lol i dont even know where to start here guys, im meaning decent as in quality of song not quality of sound, obviously dont want anything shite but just looking to expand my library as it was lost recently. like you know a pack of 100 d'n'b songs for 25 bucks or whatever. just a quick way to rebuild my library and hopefully discover some new stuff at the same time. im open to all replies

Posted Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 12:02 am
sorry didnt see all the replies um just home djing for sure like i said just library expansion is most of what im looking for

Posted Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 12:05 am
I use Amazonmp3 for buying maybe a pack of 100-150 songs of a particular type cheap. Less than £10 quite often!
Look for the packs on offer, it can save you a lot of money.
The quality is a little questionable, but they do the job at a push.
The mp3 tags, and file names sometimes need cleaning up to make them consistent with my library standard.

Posted Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 5:38 am
To the OP, and the original question, I use PrimeCuts and PromoOnly for audio. I don't know if these services are available in your country, but maybe you could ask your fellow countrymen where they get their music from, and then you can make a decision.

Posted Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 3:10 pm
Awesome guys, solid start, cheers for the Intel

Posted Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 4:49 pm
@A Man And His Music i'm a bit confused by promoonly, when you subscribe and receive new tracks are they available for download to keep or can you only access the songs for the time you're subscribed to pool?

Posted Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 12:56 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Promo Only and such services are a purchase not a rent. You own the music.
I use djvideosource and mymp3pool for a couple of my subscriptions. Prime Cuts is another good source.

Posted Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 7:04 pm
khemikal_effekt wrote :
like you know a pack of 100 d'n'b songs for 25 bucks or whatever.

Why don't you use iTunes? They offer a lot of compilations in all types of music with 40 to 100 songs on it for 10 to 15 euros.

Posted Sat 02 May 15 @ 7:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)