Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Possible DVS setup with mixtrack pro & Scarlett 2i2 audio interface?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So I'm considering getting into a DVS setup and investing in some tables for my birthday coming up, and was wondering if I'd be able to finagle using my mixtrack pro as a mixer/interface for cue points, effects, etc without having to buy an entirely new mixer. I have virtual DJ 8 as well as a Scarlett 2i2 interface. Anyone know if I'd be able to make something work?

Posted Mon 27 Apr 15 @ 1:29 pm
I asked a similar question a while ago and was advised yes, but I haven't managed to buy a cheap sound card that can handle the two audio in's from the turntables.

Apparently on VDJ you set the audio in as from the soundcard, and set the audio out to the mixtrack pro soundcard. Then you can use your mixtrack pro as the mixer and cues, loops etc.

Assuming this is all correct I can't wait to pick up a soundcard and dust my turntables off!!!

Posted Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 6:33 am
looking at the scarlett, you'd have to convert the RCA leads from the turntables, and there's no earth connection

Posted Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 6:35 am
so if I got 2 RCA female/1/4 stereo male let's say to plug the turntables into my interface, would that work? & how would I go about grounding? The tables I'm thinking of getting - Audio Technica ATLP120s, someone's selling them 2 of them for $150 a pop - have grounding wires built into them I believe but I still don't quite know how grounding works exactly to be honest

Posted Tue 05 May 15 @ 2:38 am
You need to run the grounding wires to anything that's grounded. You could modify a plug and plug it into the wall (if you know what you are doing - don't kill yourself if you don't!)

Not sure if you'd need a pre-amp before the sound card. I don't think so, but I haven't got round to buying what I need to set mine up yet to find out.

Maybe someone else can help?

Posted Tue 05 May 15 @ 6:08 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I do not use either of these pieces of equipment. I am just commenting on information that I have read about the equipment on the manufactures sites.
The scarlet is a mic/line level interface. It will not work directly with RIAA phono inputs. However, the ATLP120 has a switch that allows you to put out a line level signal that will allow them to work.

EDIT:
The reviews I have found for the ATLP120 have not been promising. If your intent is to scratch or beat juggle, it looks like these decks are not for you due to the motors capabilities. I have no experience with this, so I cannot help there. It may be worth it for you to look at a true interface that can take a phono input. Used NI boxes and be found pretty cheap on the web.

Posted Tue 05 May 15 @ 10:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)