Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: What is everyone in the U.S. using for text to screen?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DNAentPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I did have 2 full copies of firetext. They both magically stopped working (administrator will not even open to create a log file on both machines) and there is no longer support. I am looking for a similar software that will work with verizon carrier on a smart phone.

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 11:21 am
On the PC side I use Pangolin with TellyVisuals and TellyMedia

On the Mac side I use a Quartz file with a Twitter and Instagram feed.

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 12:43 pm
TellyVisuals Plus connects to feeder applications such as iWall, Pangolin's IMU, Crowny, and more in the works. Eventually FireText may join the group of TV supported applications but don't know. There has been discussion but believe there are changes going on with them.

For more information on TellyVisuals Plus you can email me, donmoir@comcast.net

and / or join the TellyVisuals / TellyMedia facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TellyMediaTellyvisuals/

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 1:28 pm
I have looked into Iwall and Pangolin and they both take a USB modem. The only service that works in my area is Verizon and they don not have sim cards. will they work with an android like firetext did?

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 2:11 pm
another reason I really do not want to change to a USB modem is I am sitting on a 2 year agreement with Verizon with my text line at $70 a month. I have been trying to find an app to us to trick the phone into being a modem so either of the above software will see it. I have had no luck.

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 2:17 pm
70 bucks a month!?!?

That is insane!! Never in a million years would I pay that just for a text only plan, hell I only pay 50 bucks a month for unlimited everything. Where are you located??

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 2:37 pm
iWall can take from twitter, facebook, instagram, gmail, and twilio which do not require a modem but do require an internet connection. Crowny can take from facebook or SMS.

An android app is under development for TV Plus.

Text only plans for SMS can cost only 20 dollars per month depending on carrier.

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 2:50 pm
I am in Ohio and in my area the only service that works in all my venues is Verizon, Had sprint they suck, tried Att&T, Boost, and I tried all the other pay as you go from walmart and non of them worked in any of my venues. They all use the sim card service (not sure the name but there are not any if any towers in our area for them). If you only new how much money I had wrapped up in Firetext/Phone/Service you would scream. and 2 years later not a bit of it works.

so I need SMS to Screen Via Verizon android is there an option?
Dave

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 3:19 pm
Dave, in your area, do people only use Verizon? If not, do their cell phones work in you venues?

Hard to believe that would be the case but if you are way out in the middle of nowhere, it could happen. If you can receive text on your android Verizon phone I am thinking that you will be able to forward that to TV in the future but not ready for that now.

Posted Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 3:31 pm
over 90% of people use verizon the other 10% don't get service lol

Posted Sat 25 Apr 15 @ 10:12 am

Posted Sat 25 Apr 15 @ 4:04 pm

Posted Sun 26 Apr 15 @ 9:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)