Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual dj le 7.4.2 and mixtrack 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys, I need some advice about sound and the controller, i bought a mixtrack 2 which came with the above software, i have registered it and downloaded the update, everything has runs fine, The problem is sound, when i play through mixtrack, the sound is bit lower than playing direct from the computer and the sound is bit tinny, im using 2 cards, the 2nd is a 7.1 usb sound card, choosing headphones as output and in the sound card option, i use 2 soundcard, I have play around with the 2 options, having 3 options for each card, sound is still tinny, is there possibility that its the mixtrack console, or is it defo software, i will be buying vdj 8, but i need to make sure it works, i have all ready changed laptops to sort latency and stuff and i have been djing for years and also ran funkymonkey.fm online radio station, so im not new at this, my laptop spec is win 7 cor 2 duo @2,13g 3m cache, 320 harddrive 3gb ram, and GeForce 9200M and 3d soundblaster, can anyone advise please
thanks
sean

Posted Sat 18 Apr 15 @ 11:33 am
if this is a plain mixtrack2 and not a mixtrack2 pro with audio interface then the answer is no the plain mixtrack can not effect sound its just a midi controller

if u have the mixtrack2 pro and are using its sound card then it could be the mixtrack2 pro with the problem ... in my experience asio external audio usually has a much cleaner sound then internal sound cards because its away from all the interference generating parts of the pc.

mabye you have the mixtrack eq adjust oddly? only other thing i can think of is one of the fx active and you do not realize it?

Posted Sat 18 Apr 15 @ 12:55 pm
Its the mixtrack 2 i have not pro, when i play the track directly through my computer, the sound is great, very full, warm and loud, when i play it through vdj the sound quality go,s right down, I havnt had time to go through all the funtions on the two as i have spent all my time just trying to get the sound fixed, I also noticed that on the mixtrack 2 the cue funtion only works on 1 side,
Thanks
Sean

Posted Sun 19 Apr 15 @ 3:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)