Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sample editor used for clipbank

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

nikb1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi Everyone,

well i finally took the plunge and have gone live with VDJ8. one of my last jobs before i used it for gigging was to set up my clipbank loops in sample editor. i've put 12 in there, all loaded fine, selected a loop as a video only file etc, appeared to save and now they all show on the tabs in the sample bank. BUT .... only 2 of them work.

others just appear as a blank screen, a green screen, or play for a minute then freeze. one other seems to have become a 1 second duration file now so its just flashes. All the files in use work fine on my other machine on VDJ7. I'm not sure what the problem may be, is it to do with file type or something ? any ideas would be helpful. would like to get this sorted ready for next weekend ...

on a better note, i'm well impressed with the rest of it. sound quality is much better. loop are very accurate too. nicely done ...

thanks

NIKB-DJ

Posted Sun 05 Apr 15 @ 11:17 am
nikb1 wrote :
is it to do with file type or something ?

It probably is, but you haven't said what they are.

FYI VDJ 8 has its own internal codecs, whereas VDJ 7 could use external ones - so 8 is restricted in that sense (on PC anyway).

Posted Sun 05 Apr 15 @ 1:10 pm
i've had a closer look at the file types. here's what i can see :

mp4 works fine
wmv works fine
avi will not run
divx runs then freezes

i guess its going to be picky over something codec based then ...

thanks

Posted Tue 07 Apr 15 @ 4:22 am
You should post your findings in the bug report forum, so hopefully the devs will see it.

They will probably ask you to upload an example file somewhere, so they can use it to test.

Posted Wed 08 Apr 15 @ 12:56 pm
Hi all,

just to let you know the outcome of this, now i have had a play around.

i changed the file type of my clips to one that i knew seemed to currently work ... but the others still didn't work correctly.

UNTIL ... i loaded them on a deck and played them as a track, then they all worked perfectly withint the sampler ?? go figure .. may have been a scanning thing

hope this helps just in case you have encountered the same problem !

Posted Sat 18 Apr 15 @ 9:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)