Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: CUE points gone after importing database to VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

It seems when importing my VDJ 7.4.2 database to VDJ8 all CUE points are gone.
I knew I had to rescan all folders but did not know about the loss of CUE points.

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 7:42 am
That shouldn't have happened. Close VDJ8 and re open it, that sometimes can bring it back, or un install VDJ8, then re install

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 8:14 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
you do not need to reinstall V8.
If the convertion form V7 to V8 database shows any issues, delete the V8 database and launch V8 again.
If there is no existing V8 database found, V8 will convert V7 Database again .....

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 8:17 am
OK. So to delete the VDJ8 database file I just delete the file "database.xml" ?

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 8:23 am
RobRoy wrote :
you do not need to reinstall V8.
If the convertion form V7 to V8 database shows any issues, delete the V8 database and launch V8 again.
If there is no existing V8 database found, V8 will convert V7 Database again .....

My bad, yes what RobRoy said

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 8:25 am
If you use an external drive with VDJ 7, then that drive needs to be connected when you first run VDJ 8, so that VDJ 8 can find the external database.

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 8:27 am
I'm using 3 internal SSD drives. (small HTPC built into my DJ rack)

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 8:29 am
I don't get it.
I deleted the database.xml file and launched VDJ8.
The CUE points are still gone.

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 1:37 pm
You need to delete the database.xml on the root of each "non system" drive. VDJ treats every drive except the installed drive as external and it they all keep their own DB.

When you install V8 everything should just convert automatically.

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 2:04 pm
Thank you very much for that info!
I have gotten my CUE's back!! :)

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 2:45 pm
kabimbiPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I'm having the same issue guys. I read everything above and I tried to do the same thing but my cues are still not coming back. The only difference is I'm going from 8.1 to 8.2. How do I get my cues back?

Posted Tue 22 Aug 17 @ 4:55 am
kabimbi wrote :
I'm having the same issue guys. I read everything above and I tried to do the same thing but my cues are still not coming back. The only difference is I'm going from 8.1 to 8.2. How do I get my cues back?

That's a big difference, because v8.1 and v8.2 use the same database file.
So if you have deleted that file you need to get it back somehow

Posted Tue 22 Aug 17 @ 5:11 am
Ok. So I did get it back. Do I have to reinstall 8.1? Because when I went from VDJ 7 to VDJ 8...the same thing happened. But I cued up everything in 8.1.

Should I delete the whole VDJ folder? How can I tell what version the "database.xml" corresponds with? I ask because the VDJ still says 8.2.

Posted Tue 22 Aug 17 @ 2:04 pm
kabimbi wrote :
Ok. So I did get it back. Do I have to reinstall 8.1? Because when I went from VDJ 7 to VDJ 8...the same thing happened. But I cued up everything in 8.1.

Should I delete the whole VDJ folder? How can I tell what version the "database.xml" corresponds with? I ask because the VDJ still says 8.2.

V8.2 is really just a branded name, and is just newer builds of VDJ8
So going from v8.1 to v8.2 is as simple as installing VDJ 8.2 build xxxx on top of the old one
It'll just continue using the existing database (and maybe add a little more info to it)

Because of the new pad pages i VDJ8.2, you need to use the new default skin, or use a skin that is v8.2 ready if you want to use pad pages

Posted Tue 22 Aug 17 @ 2:08 pm
I got it! Thank you brother! I appreciate the help! All my cues are there. BPM is right.

Posted Tue 22 Aug 17 @ 2:21 pm
Kabimbi, I'm sure it was an accident but some of your recent post were duplicates, and I have leveled them up.

To everyone else. If you have read this thread, and are still having this issue, please start a new thread, thank you.

Locked by AMAHM

Posted Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 7:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)