Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Reinstalling VDJ 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys,

i have decided to do a reinstallation of VDJ8. The reason is that the sound quality i am getting is not a par with what i had when i was running VDJ 7
Additionally, when i look at the browser of my songs i can see the BPM , however, wjen i load the song unto the platter, the BPM displayed is much different. I rescanned my library and the issue still remains.

I am not sure if a reinstallation will cure this but

The question is reinstall VDJ 8, can i just install over the previuos one? or do i need to uninstall and then do a reinstallation?

Thanks

Posted Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 10:17 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You can try it, but I think that won't help since a plain reinstallation will not affect your settings and database files.
And you don't want to delete this files by uninstalling VDJ, confirm that you want to delete this files, and then do a reinstall.

What build number are you using?

Posted Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 11:00 am
i am on Build 2174.954

Posted Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 11:25 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
gbadegesin wrote :
Additionally, when i look at the browser of my songs i can see the BPM , however, wjen i load the song unto the platter, the BPM displayed is much different. I rescanned my library and the issue still remains.

When you load the track on a deck, is the Pitch at 0% ?
Prior loading the track to a deck, if you right-click on the track and choose to Re-analyze, does the BPM change ?

Posted Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 10:04 am
Djdad,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, the pitch is always set to zero
if i reananlyse the the BPM, the BPM dosen't change.

An example is i have just looked at Michael Jackson - Thriller. The BPM in the browser is 118.0. I have reanalysed the BPM and it still shows 118.0. However, once i load it on the paltter, it shows 120.75
and before you ask, i do no have 'sync on load' as the other deck has a track that has a BPM of 120.97.

Quite queer if you ask me. This has been happening since i moved to VDJ 8. Never happened on VDJ7

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 7:03 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)