Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ8 Music Glitches on Yosemite

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Guys,

I've been using VDJ8 live now for about 2/3 weeks, I DJ Live 2/3 Nights a Week and its been Glitching on me for 1/2 seconds and then its fine. I'm noting that this is with random tracks so I'm absolutely clueless to what it could be. I have changed my latency settings and its still glitches atleast once a night.

My Setup:

MacBook Pro 13" i5 Processor, 8GB Ram, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD with Pioneer DDJ-SZ Controller.

Any ideas guys? I've gone and brought a Windows Laptop with similar specs because its done it too many times now :/ Anyone else had glitching issues with audio with VDJ8 in OSX Yosemite?

Thanks for your time,

Shaun Pearcey

Posted Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 11:57 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
I also use Yosemite but with SX2.
Till now i haven't notice a glitch.

Do you have used Automix or loaded a unscanned track onto a deck?

Posted Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 4:38 am
I do use AutoMix ocassionally and its never done it on that, It may have been an unscanned tune though. I am in the process of Analysing all my Tunes again.

Since I raised this fault theres been about 3 updates and I haven't experienced any glitches so thats all good, long may it continue stable and glitch free!

Posted Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 7:11 pm
pearceywwfc wrote :
Hi Guys,

I've been using VDJ8 live now for about 2/3 weeks, I DJ Live 2/3 Nights a Week and its been Glitching on me for 1/2 seconds and then its fine. I'm noting that this is with random tracks so I'm absolutely clueless to what it could be. I have changed my latency settings and its still glitches atleast once a night.

My Setup:

MacBook Pro 13" i5 Processor, 8GB Ram, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD with Pioneer DDJ-SZ Controller.

Any ideas guys? I've gone and brought a Windows Laptop with similar specs because its done it too many times now :/ Anyone else had glitching issues with audio with VDJ8 in OSX Yosemite?

Thanks for your time,

Shaun Pearcey

when you say glitch is it a sound issue ?? like it cut in and out ??

Posted Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 9:48 am
I am also having the same issues. MacBook Pro 15", i5. 8gb Ram, 120 SSD, Seagate 2TB ext. I'm using a DDJ-SX. Just randomly the sound will cut out completely. While it does the onscreen platter is still rotating but gets funny and speeds up like it's trying to catch up or something. The sound will spit and sputter a bit during this drop out session too. Sound usually comes back fully in less than 4 seconds, but we all know more than 1 second of dead air or any kind of audio malfuction in the middle of the night is like watching our lives flash before our eyes. IT really sucks. I played on VDJ 7 for forever on a 6 year old PC laptop with 2 gb ram (even spun video on it) with no issues ever with my MC6000. This is really frustrating. But VDJ 8 is incredible. I really hope there's a fix.

Posted Sun 19 Apr 15 @ 9:09 am
I am having the same issue. The song skips the way a scratched CD or record would. Totally random and with different mp3s that play normal the next time they are loaded up.
Running Yosemite on MACBook Pro 15" 16 gig Retina. VDJ 8 and Pioneer DDJ SZ.

Posted Tue 12 May 15 @ 6:25 pm
Same here. I just started a thread about it actually.

It's one of the worst feelings you can imagine, when the music stops for those few seconds.

Hopefully someone from Virtual DJ replies with a solution

Posted Wed 13 May 15 @ 5:56 pm
I've had all these issues as listed. Even this past Saturday night I was playing a song and it dropped about 3-4 seconds. Only did it once and this has happened about a 1/2 dozen times since I upgraded to version 8. Running MacBook Pro 8GB RAM 13.3" with Seagate 1TB Hard drive. Please fix!

Posted Tue 19 May 15 @ 9:20 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
the easy way : increase the latency of the DDJ-SZ sound card from VirtualDJ Config->OPTIONS
Set a number like 128, 256 or 512 etc and see if you get any drops now.

the correct way : optimize your Mac to go as low as possible ... http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Common%20Mac%20Performance%20Issues.html

If i recall, Pioneer has asked for some Ultra low latency in order Scratching being more fast and accurate. So whatever values you put there (or set by default), VirtualDJ will half it automatically to ensure a better scratching latency.
There is a fine balance point between Scratch latency and audio drops (performance) as you may already know ;)

Posted Tue 19 May 15 @ 10:38 pm
Sorry if I am hijacking this topic, although I see a few of here with the same issue...

Of course it happened again last night. Twice. Almost exactly an hour apart from each other. First one - a song was just simply playing (I think it was like 2-3 minutes into the song) and then spit sputter, audio drop for like 3 seconds, and then it went right back to where it should have been. I watched the controller during this and saw nothing out of the ordinary. Center displays still spinning ok etc. The second one happened as I was actually beat mixing two songs together so both decks playing simultaneously. No scratching or crazy midi activity going on with the controller. So as this one happened, I attempted to hit CUE 1 a few times on one of the decks to see if I could get some audio or something to happen during the suspected 3-4 seconds of dead air about to happen. It didn't do anything. Everything stays lit up and the jog dial displays kept going. There must be some communication error between this controller and the MacBook. But check this out...I've been observing this problem over the last few weeks and have recorded some of my 3.5-4 hour sets as well. The audio drop outs DO NOT show up in the recorded mix. Explain that one...

Posted Sat 30 May 15 @ 10:40 am
Haui70 wrote :
I also use Yosemite but with SX2.
Till now i haven't notice a glitch.

Do you have used Automix or loaded a unscanned track onto a deck?

I recently got SX2, do you have a mapping you recommend? Thank you.

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 12:37 pm
I am running into a similar glitch, I notice it happens when loading a new track- but also sometimes when playing a track that had trouble loading. Any ideas?

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 10:00 am
reddfoxPRO InfinityMember since 2013
SOLUTION

This is what i did and it has worked for me.
i was a windows user until i bought my 17" macbook pro with great specs.
i had the same glitches like its being discussed the very same day i used my macbook.
it happened sometimes at the beginning of the song or about halfway into the song.
i lost a few gigs because of that but i was determined to find the solution.
I use a Numark NS6 controller and it shows up as 2 sound cards in the sound card setup (Core Audio and Bit Accurate)
I realised that when i used CORE AUDIO that was when i had the glitches.
I changed it to BIT ACCURATE and the glitches stopped. It took me a while before i figured this out
SOLUTION
Make sure you reboot your macbook before your dj session ( it might sound stupid but its important).
Go to settings and then to soundcard or sound setup.
click on your soundcard and choose BIT ACCURATE.

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 6:59 pm
reddfoxPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I forgot to mention that Numark NS6 controller was NOT hooked up to my laptop at the time i was posting the above solution.

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 7:02 pm
I am also having the same issues. 2015 MacBook Pro 15", i7. 16gb Ram, 512 SSD, G-Drive 4TB ext. I'm using a Pioneer DDJ-SZ. Just randomly the sound will cut out completely. While it does the the wave form flickers back and forth like it is stuck in one spot. If you unplug the USB that connects controller to the laptop thats what it seems like it doing. That is the only way I can describe what its doing. I have re done my Hard drive,virtual dj software, cables, drivers & firmware.

Posted Wed 10 Aug 16 @ 12:51 am
Did you read all the messages above, and try the solutions there?

Posted Wed 10 Aug 16 @ 9:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)