Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: If I want to modify the default VDJ7 skin...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello!
I do not need the spinning turntables in the default VDJ7 skin and thought perhaps using this area for something else. (I am using a HC4500 controller).
Is this something you do through .xml editors or is there a dedicated skin editor available for VDJ 7 skins?

Posted Tue 17 Mar 15 @ 3:12 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It is the xml and the bmp. the bmp contains all the actual graphics, the xml actually adds meaning to the graphics and it is what VDJ reads to build the skin (the location of the graphic on the bmp, the location it will sit on the GUI, the size, what script to perform.)

I'd say that V7 skins are easier to get to understand the process,(the wiki is complete for a start, :P @dan) but require much more work, (V8 has "defines" these save you a lot of typing but make learning from scratch slightly harder)
& you can mod the bmp with m$paint

There is a V7 skin creator but it's 3rd party (costs, not much) and I don't know it is still active.
But V8 skins are much better to work with for several reasons. (Auto-scaling for one)
Apparently there is a indepth skinning tutorial for V8 in the works, I'm sure it will be available before my flight on Air-porca for a skiing trip in Hades (double :P @ dan)

There must be a V7 tutorial somewhere

Posted Tue 17 Mar 15 @ 3:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)