Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Transferring Automix playlist

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just got through reading multiple posts concerning automix but so far my question still eludes me. I've been trying to figure out how to get my automix playlist, which I have saved, to play the same on a different platform, say iTunes, as it does on VDJ. The end goal is to be able to burn this mix to a cd, but when I open the saved mix in iTunes it reverts to the original settings (i.e. time gap, no blending, etc.) Any advice going forward would be much appreciated.

Posted Sun 15 Mar 15 @ 12:47 pm
iTunes won't mix music the same way as VDJ (or any other DJ software) does. iTunes is only for domestic/consumer use.

You can play your automix in VDJ and use the VDJ record option to create a file or files which can be burned to CD.

Posted Sun 15 Mar 15 @ 1:48 pm
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
"Just got through reading multiple posts concerning automix but so far my question still eludes me. I've been trying to figure out how to get my automix playlist, which I have saved, to play the same on a different platform, say iTunes, as it does on VDJ. The end goal is to be able to burn this mix to a cd, but when I open the saved mix in iTunes it reverts to the original settings (i.e. time gap, no blending, etc.) Any advice going forward would be much appreciated."

Here you go:

1. Use the Copy To command, copy the playlist to any location you choose. Let's say, Desktop.
2. Minimize or close VDJ.
3. Go to your desktop and double click on the playlist you just copied.
4. If Itunes doesn't open imediatly, go ahead and open itunes
5. Search for the playlist
6. That's it. the songs should e in the exact order.

Tip:

Do this to a Thumb drive as well, along with a copy of the tracks and you can play this playlist on any compute running VDJ.

Posted Wed 18 Mar 15 @ 10:26 pm
paulPRO InfinityMember since 2015
I've just tried this in VDJ8 - the playlist name appears in itunes but has not contents .... worked fine before in 7!!!

Any ideas???

Many thanks,

Paul :O)

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 6:14 am
I have a question on why does VDJ 8 put all my playlists in order from A-to-Z
instead of allowing it to stay the way I created it. very frustrating as VDJ 7 would
do this in a drag and drop.?

Posted Mon 26 Oct 15 @ 2:51 pm
massonic youth wrote :
I have a question on why does VDJ 8 put all my playlists in order from A-to-Z
instead of allowing it to stay the way I created it. very frustrating as VDJ 7 would
do this in a drag and drop.?

I re-arrange the mix into the auto mix in the correct order that I would like it to play, the save. then transfer my order into a Virtual folder
and it mixes up the order not the way I wanted to auto mix, very frustrating.

Can this be fixed? And how can I do this, so MY AUTOMIX STAYS THE WAY I ARRANGED IT.

Posted Mon 26 Oct 15 @ 4:34 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
A Virtual Folder does not have an order.
If you want the order to be kept, you need to create a playlist instead.

Posted Tue 27 Oct 15 @ 5:21 am
I Have found the solution. Go into config then browser and then it shows ( keepsortorder) you need to say no as default it is yes.
It was very annoying put all songs in specific order save the playlist and when you load it up next time it's in complete wrong order this solution solves it now I load it up and it stays in the correct order.

Posted Sat 12 Dec 15 @ 1:45 pm
Where do I find config sorry? Forgive me, I'm a newbie.

Posted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 12:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)