Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark NV - Version 8 Support - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I think what he's saying is that the NV inputs are not connected in any way to the USB audio interface.

They are just for connecting external sources to the output of the mixer, not for sending them to software.

Posted Sat 02 May 15 @ 5:04 pm
I can see that..I know its mentioned in the vdj-nv manual.what we need its to get numark to at least make the asio drivers for the NV.then maybe we can use an alternative "patch in".

Posted Sat 02 May 15 @ 9:23 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It wouldn't make any difference. It would likely require actual hardware modifications to the unit.

Posted Sun 03 May 15 @ 6:06 am
dang! I would consider modding it if I could find the schematics...hardwiring audio paths is done basically with grounded wire and 10 k ohms resistors.made a stereo mixer once and a "guitar mix input" on a boombox Lol...but first we need real Asio drivers on this thing or...I will replace it...I'm having my second thoughts...

Posted Sun 03 May 15 @ 6:58 pm
I am truly unhappy with the audio dropouts on this controller. I have to admit that what got me anxious to buy this was the fact that I wanted also to try the "other" software.well besides the fact that it is only a stripped down version oh S#@rato..it also sounds like crap with the wasapi drivers and I can't seem to find under configurations how to install the Asio4all drivers which at least give half of a result with VDJ8.I am contacting Numark both via email & phone and asking them if they plan on making true Asio drivers for this thing.I think everyone in the vdj community should do the same.maybe we can get them to do a much needed improvement on this controller because as it stand now with audio dropouts it is totally unacceptable....
ps. moderators:I posted this on the other nv's screen problem thread.you can delete that,or I can edit it still...

Posted Thu 07 May 15 @ 5:28 pm
what da?? this thing is been running without the hicups! I dont know but I had cleaned the registry and defragged the C drive because I have some sort of error about the remaining available space? it says 20 gigs left but at some point it will release the space and it should be @ 160gb.all I know is that after the last update its running good...and and I even forgot to turn off the wifi? videos are good...so what gives? anybody notice an improvement?...

Posted Sun 10 May 15 @ 9:09 pm
I've been dealing with a "volume issue" regarding the Numark NV running VDJ8. EXAMPLE: The issue is that when I select a track into DECK 1,2 whichever one NOT playing... the VOLUME increases to where it's clipping out on the NV mixer causing the volume to be blasting from the speakers when I hit play on the controller. I have the [auto gain] under options set to> AUTO+REMEMBER so that the volumes are the same when loading tracks. Well this HASN'T WORKED for me or I've been unable to figure out the correct audio configuration for the NV? This is ONLY happening with this particular controller. Numark mentions that this controller was designed for Serato use but obviously runs with VDJ8 as they know. PLEASE advise, jimmy

Posted Fri 15 May 15 @ 6:39 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I would strongly recommend the following ..
AutoGain to Auto (the +Remember could have pushed the Gain of some tracks very high)
zeroDB to default (but if your PA is strong enough, strongly advised to select -3db)
pre-analyze all your tracks with VirtualDJ 8

If you still have issues with the above, please check what the Tooltip of the GAIN knob says when a track is playing "distorted"/clipping

Posted Fri 15 May 15 @ 10:15 pm
djdad wrote :
Goto Settings-->Controllers tab.
Make sure the 3 NV devices as assigned as followed...
Numark NV Left display -->Assigned to Decks (1,3 - Automatic)
Numark NV Right display -->Assigned to Decks (2,4 - Automatic)
Numark NV -->Assigned to Decks (1,2,3,4 - Automatic)

Note, that the Deck assignment should be automatically set as above on first launch. If that is not the case, then please either delete the settings.xml , relaunch and check the deck assignment again, or manually assign the decks as above.

This was really helpful - thank you so much maqn - you really helped - i wish you well and good karma my friend

Posted Fri 04 Dec 15 @ 9:40 am
djdad wrote :
I would strongly recommend the following ..
AutoGain to Auto (the +Remember could have pushed the Gain of some tracks very high)
zeroDB to default (but if your PA is strong enough, strongly advised to select -3db)
pre-analyze all your tracks with VirtualDJ 8

If you still have issues with the above, please check what the Tooltip of the GAIN knob says when a track is playing "distorted"/clipping

I'm just now going through some older posts and thought I responded to this one, but noticed I didn't...Thanks for your help!
I've been using -6db and seems to be running fine :)

Posted Wed 30 Dec 15 @ 8:25 pm
I am now using the NV with a external soundcard,a Akai EIE which adds a proper mic with no lag when monitoring.works great,but the volume and on/off for the mic is still vdj dependant.also wished we can have some tone control for the mic in vdj on the master panel?

Posted Wed 30 Dec 15 @ 11:16 pm
I've asked about that before. You could route it through a deck, which would provide EQ and FX.

The deck needn't be visible on screen either. It's just a means of getting the above.

Posted Wed 30 Dec 15 @ 11:57 pm
so script a fifth deck (I use the 4 deck skin )...might give that a try...

Posted Thu 31 Dec 15 @ 3:43 am

Posted Thu 31 Dec 15 @ 10:48 am
i have the numark nv.......but i dont like how it is mapped....is there a way to map it like the serato mapping....or could i just swap a file....from serato and replace it in vdj8
many thanks

Posted Sun 10 Jan 16 @ 1:10 pm
matt1892 wrote :
like the serato mapping

What's the difference?

The mapping of any controller can be changed in VDJ. See pages 81 & 82 of the manual.

Posted Sun 10 Jan 16 @ 3:17 pm
MLDJSHome userMember since 2015
I just recieved the Numark NV, I saw a comment earlier in regards to the screens being flipped and I was wondering If the solution given would be the same for Mac OS?

Posted Fri 04 Mar 16 @ 6:05 pm
im having problems with pfl i cant get the music to come through on my nv. what am i doing wrong

Posted Fri 25 Mar 16 @ 6:14 pm
1) Do not post the same question more than once.

2) Do not hijack other people's threads/posts.

Thank you

Posted Fri 25 Mar 16 @ 6:21 pm
Hmmm, I am getting a slow loading of the waveforms on the NV's screens where it wont show a wave until it catches up?.it's not my Ram amount as I added 16 GB now on my Alienware m18x.is anybody else having this issue?

Posted Sun 03 Apr 16 @ 10:18 pm
93%