Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Video Effect Idea / Request for Add On

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

vmdjsPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Okay, I know there are some very talented individuals out there when it comes to creating add-ons for VDJ. I have a request / suggestion / idea that I would like to throw out there and see if someone is able to come up with something.

We recently purchased a facade to go in front of our booth setup. I'll attach a picture to this message. I'm wondering if someone would be able to create an add on that would allow multiple windows to be projected onto this facade. My idea is that the projector would be behind the facade, doing rear projection. Now, normally this would be no problem, and we've done this before with a previous facade that we had made. However, with the new facade, it has a bar right down the middle, so it cuts out information, and just breaks up the display as a whole.

What I'm suggesting, is some kind of add on that allows you to select multiple other add ons and then place these add ons within the video "window". I made up a rough sample and have attached as well to this message.

So you could do the album art on one side with the song title and artist name below it, then on the other side you could have some kind of visualization or even a music video with your own logo below that, maybe something else. Really, if this was possible to do, you could create your own custom display. Wouldn't necessarily have to be used with a facade of this type, but the ability to create a display based upon your own needs.

So, any thoughts on something like this?

Posted Wed 04 Mar 15 @ 11:55 am
Take a look at Don Moir's plug ins Telly Media & Telly Visuals ....... I'm sure you'll be impressed :-)
PM me for more info ........

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 4:26 am
vmdjsPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Thanks for the heads up Backflipboy. I'll take a look for sure!!

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 8:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)