Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Broadcasting track titles

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

kotdbPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi folks,

I've recently started using Virtual DJ 8 after years of various VDJ updates. I broadcast a radio show by connecting to a server. I'm using a Denon MC3000 and set up with an external mixer and soundcard for recording and mic input. The crossfader on the denonmc300 is disabled as I use the external mixer.

In the past the track title I am playing is automatically updated and displayed on the radio station website and the server homepage. Even if I played my cueing track to practice a mix or listen it didn't update the server/website with the track. Only when I fully played that track on its own did the title update.

Now with Virtual DJ 8 if I press play on another track at all it updates the server. Quite annoying as I often try out loads of tracks before choosing the one I want to play. I know that there is the option of previewing which doesn't send the track title but I've been happy with the other system for years and its second nature. Don't really want to change and I can't practice my mix that way.

Any ideas how I can stop this happening?

Cheers.

Bob

Posted Tue 03 Mar 15 @ 4:12 am
You can either turn off title streaming or use internal mixer .... How can vdj know the fader position of external to know if the title should stream or not.....

Maybe there is another solution I don't know

Posted Tue 03 Mar 15 @ 8:05 am
kotdbPRO InfinityMember since 2007
As I typed out this question it did occur to me that i don't know how the previous versions understood when I was finally playing the track I wanted to broadcast. It did though and it always worked fine with external mixer used.

I guess it only broadcast the track title of the track that was playing on deck 1 until that track was stopped and then it would look for and send the track playing on deck 2. The system now picks up the new track that is played on deck 2 regardless of the previous track still playing on deck 1.

Posted Tue 03 Mar 15 @ 8:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)