Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Limiter seems to be kicking in sooner

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

It seems that the limiter is coming in sooner in the last few builds, I used to keep the master @ 75% and have the zero db at .65 I've had to lower the master to 50% and zero db to .50 and the limiter just barely hits. I'm not using any plug ins and the filters are off.

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 10:27 am
You might check if auto gain is switched off or changed auto setting works best for me

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 10:37 am
I have it set to auto , thats where Ive always had it and the limiter did not kick in with my previous settings

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 10:39 am
another thing to look at is if your pitchQuality setting is on 2 you will get more tiny spikes .. they shouldn't effect sound quality but you will see them more on the indicator

setting it to 1 pretty much eliminates it but you may not want it that way if u are using master tempo

just some things i have experienced maybe other haven't noticed.

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 2:17 pm
Setting it to 1 didnt change anything. I tried version 1949 and there was a major improvement I feel it has something to do with the newer builds

Posted Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 9:21 am
With the latest build I have zerodb @ 0.7
Line faders at approximate 75% master @ 98% playing house music almost never hit the limiter. Not sure the genera of music yor play but i have noticed older stuff tends to hit the limiter more then current music. Sry I'm sure this info is probably no help. Btw I'm running in windows maybe Mac is different.

Posted Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 12:02 pm
I play mostly top 40 with some 80's 90's thrown in. Very odd that this started very recently. Im going to delete and do a fresh install and see if that helps

Posted Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 8:09 pm
Arrrghhh, that limiter is a compressor, It's so hard.

Posted Mon 02 Mar 15 @ 1:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)