Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Can't get VDJ8 to change off HDMI audio out

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just bought a new Acer touchscreen monitor for use with a Windows 7 laptop. Turns out, against all I've read recently, it works perfectly well with my 2010 Mac Mini also! Except one thing...I wanted to use either the analog audio output or AirPlay on the Mac to send audio to a digital mixer, but VDJ8 won't switch off the HDMI audio option (the Acer monitor has built-in speakers). It shows the other options in the box, and will allow me to click them and even highlight them, but it won't stay on what I select, returning only to HDMI. Any ideas how to remedy this?

Posted Mon 23 Feb 15 @ 12:16 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Can't you disable the HDMI Audio output in your OSX soundsettings. Like you could do it in Windows?

Posted Mon 23 Feb 15 @ 7:18 am
Yes, I can select AirPlay as an output option on the Mac. I can also select the internal sound card output. But VDJ won't let me choose anything but HDMI.

Posted Mon 23 Feb 15 @ 2:41 pm
Yeah I'm in the same boat. The dropdown is really buggy, but even when it does work, I'm not able to select anything besides what it's already set at.

Posted Sun 15 Mar 15 @ 11:31 pm
Look in the audio/midi settings of your MacBook, you should find everything there.

Posted Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 9:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)