Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: filter fade - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

hey guys any idea in how to map the filter fade effect from pioneer ddj sb on to another controller thanks

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 5:48 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Filter fade FX? which addon is that?

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 6:13 pm
If you look at the functions on you tube the controller has a filter fade effect when you are cross fading this can be done on dj because uses filter effect but i dont know the mapping transcript

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 7:16 pm
Oh yeah I remember that, try this on the crossfader mapping

crossfader & param_bigger 50% ? deck 1 filter : param_invert & deck 2 filter

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 7:54 pm
Yes that works - but I personally think it would be more effective if the filter kicked in way earlier. Maybe 10-20%?

As it is, the effect of the filter kinda gets lost under the audio from the other track coming in.

Posted Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 4:20 am
10/20% that's tricky I'll have to think about that
This one is from 0%
crossfader & param_invert & param_multiply 50% & param_invert & deck 1 filter & param_invert & param_add 50% & deck 2 filter

Posted Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 5:53 am
That one's better but it activates the filter on both sides, so the crossfade sounds really thin because there's no bass on either track.

Posted Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 6:00 am
Hmm... there is the stupidly long way - quizzing every % of the crossfader between 20% & 80%
pondering....

Posted Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 6:35 am
Don't concern yourself on my account. It's not something I'd use. If OP is happy then all is well.

Posted Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 7:13 am
You know I'm not that kind of dog :-)

There's this one that kicks in across the middle 2/4's
crossfader & param_bigger 25% ? param_smaller 75% ? param_invert & param_add -25% & param_invert & deck 1 filter & param_invert & param_add 50% & deck 2 filter : deck 2 filter 50% & deck 1 filter 100% : deck 1 filter 50% & deck 2 filter 100%

This one kicks in in the end 1/4's I think this is the most likely
crossfader & param_smaller 25% ? param_multiply 200% & deck 2 filter : param_bigger 75% ? param_add -50% & param_multiply 200% & deck 1 filter : nothing

Posted Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 8:09 am
Thanks i will try it but only one more question I dont want to use this effect every time i cross fade how can i map a button to activate and deactivate this function thanks

Posted Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 9:58 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If your Controller has a Shift button, chances are good, that there is already a $shift variable.

So just test this:

$shift ? crossfader & param_smaller 25% ? param_multiply 200% & deck 2 filter : param_bigger 75% ? param_add -50% & param_multiply 200% & deck 1 filter : nothing : crossfader

Posted Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 10:01 am
Ooops a small mistake on my part

var '$Shift' ? crossfader & param_smaller 25% ? param_multiply 200% & param_invert & deck 2 filter : param_bigger 75% ? param_add -50% & param_multiply 200% & deck 1 filter : nothing : crossfader

Posted Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 11:42 am
Hmmm..... I think the 2/4 one is better than the 1/4 one (the filter there comes in too late).

Dunno how these would be affected by the chosen crossfader curve.

Posted Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 2:17 pm
I like the critical thinking, let's explore this idea,

The vids of the pioneer XFfilter don't show enough tbh, how about HW users throw some ideas out.

I personally feel like this Scripted FX is a 1 in 20, (in relation to how often it would be used) BUT it's still a decent idea. so what do you think it should be?

e.g.
the end 1/4's script behaves like so,

Between XF 0% to 25% deck 2 filter = 100% to 50%,
Between XF 75% to 100% = deck 1 filter = 50% to 100%

Posted Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 3:18 pm
I think part of the problem may be that as the lows are being filtered out, the filtered track gets considerable quieter - and so "loses out" to the incoming one as the crossfader moves over. The level of that outgoing track is basically being reduced twice - once by the crossfader and again by the HPF.

This is one reason why I don't like using the crossfader. You're not as in control of the levels.

If I was doing this manually on my Xone:92 I'd be using upfaders only and adjusting levels on the fly.

Posted Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 3:26 pm
Thanks for the help guys

Posted Sat 21 Feb 15 @ 5:45 am
Did you try it?

Posted Sat 21 Feb 15 @ 5:53 am
groovindj wrote :
I think part of the problem may be that as the lows are being filtered out, the filtered track gets considerable quieter - and so "loses out" to the incoming one as the crossfader moves over. The level of that outgoing track is basically being reduced twice - once by the crossfader and again by the HPF.

This is one reason why I don't like using the crossfader. You're not as in control of the levels.

I'm the same, most of the time I use the gate(s), I usually have the XF on a scratch curve and use it for cutting up.

Posted Sat 21 Feb 15 @ 6:09 am
lack1PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Anybody ever figure this out?

Posted Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 10:09 pm
91%