Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Track Cleaner not playing any sound???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am using VDJ on my Mac and everything works fine including sound. But when I want to use the track cleaner to edit the track I do not hear anything when I go to press play. Why is that? I have tried everything.

Posted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 7:54 pm
The output from the various editors is normally routed to your headphone channel. This is because (when playing live) you would not usually want your audience to hear your editing.

When there is no headphone output configured, you should see a warning dialog pop up asking if you'd like to play the audio via the main output.

Also be aware that the track cleaner does not allow you to hear your edits/changes until you've saved them. :-(

Posted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 6:17 am
I do not hear anything when i have my headphones plugged into the computer or when I unplug the headphones.

Posted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 12:03 pm
Having headphones plugged into the computer does not necessarily mean that you're using the headphone output of VDJ.

If all you have is your computer sound card, then your audio config would normally be for single output (the master, not headhones/cue).

To have separate outs for master & headphones, you'll need an external audio interface - ideally one with 2 stereo outputs, so you won't need to use the onboard audio.

As you're an LE user, does that mean you own a controller (which you've not mentioned)? Has it got audio built in?

Posted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 2:00 pm
Got it to work. All I had to do was change it from Headphones & Speakers to just Speakers only. Thanks for your help

Posted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 8:11 pm
I am having the same problem and I tried changing the output to headphones and speakers but still no sound

Posted Sun 30 Jul 17 @ 3:34 pm
Don't worry it's working now

Posted Sun 30 Jul 17 @ 4:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)