Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DJ / Producer Lil Louis deafened during UK sound check

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 8:00 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I've punched people for similar. It wasn't permanent fortunately for me, even more so for them because I'd have taken teeth (after the fact) otherwise.

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 11:48 am
Louis is ok now just P@#% OFF but he's cool... I will pass the word on that you guys asked
about him.. You can't keep a good man down.........

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 1:37 pm
That's good news - thanks. When did you hear from him?

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 1:48 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Glad he's OK but, this does bring up a serious issue in our line of work. Learn how to mix in a very loud place, while wearing ear plugs. I know, it sounds counter productive but, you don't want tinnitus in your later life. There was an old thread here about ear care a few years ago. Lot's of good information on taking care of your ears.

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 6:16 pm
Fair enough..... but there's not much you can do when, just as you're about to leave, some muppet unexpectedly blasts compressed air in your lug hole. :-(

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 6:31 pm
That is true but you can whip him so bad that no one else gets it done to them!!

Yeah I started wearing ear plugs a few years ago. At first it was weird, things just didn't feel right but I kept doing it and now it's like second nature 👍

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 6:40 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
beatbreaker1 wrote :
That is true but you can whip him so bad that no one else gets it done to them!!

Aye, that's a kids birthday party I'll never dj again XD

Posted Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 5:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)