Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Numark NS7III

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 1:24 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Does Numark really wants to push DJs to mix with the laptop closed?
For one hour set playing with straight playlist only, this would work for me.

But for mobile (or even clubs) gigs that takes requests... Laptop still the best for browsing big libraries.

Just my 2 cents though : )

Posted Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 1:33 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I don't know why they think that we don't want to be looking at a laptop screen... Perhaps some don't, however most are fine with it...

Looks like they are trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

Posted Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 2:26 pm
If VDJ would work with the screens, I would buy one. I'm waiting for a (VDJ) controller like this!

I'm a little guy (not so tall) and my laptop is right in front of me on the integated laptop stand in my flightcase.
Often I don't see my public when I'm mixing.

So little screens on my controller and the laptop beneath on a shelf for quick keyboard actions... YES!!

What I really want is the Pioneer DDJ SZ with this three screens layout that are 100% compatible/supported by VDJ. The SZ is 100% supported by VDJ already, so why not add three screens on the SZ Pioneer? lol

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 5:16 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Just build your own, with a couple of extra screens and a custom skin :)

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 6:53 am
PachN wrote :
Just build your own, with a couple of extra screens and a custom skin :)

You have build my dream controller / setup ! :)

Awesome !!

EDIT: I also own the SX at this moment so I'm really curious how to manage the three screens from your notebook?

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 8:15 am
I don't get it. For those of us that used vinyl and CDs, our backs were often to the crowd, for long periods of time, when searching for tracks to play. If you are not from that era, you do not know what I'm talking about. This was and is still part of the gig. You can't look for tracks, ..........without looking for tracks. This is not a problem for me. This is only a problem for non working DJs, looking at me make money. No guest has ever said anything to me, during all of these years, about me looking for music. At least now, our backs are not turned to them, and it takes a lot less time, and you are able to continuously monitor your dance floor.

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 2:49 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It's not a back turned performance thing its just desire with no reason applied.

Wouldn't it be cool to have on controller monitors?

Why?

erm you wouldn't have to look at your laptop

and that warrants spending $300 extra?

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 3:09 pm
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
royvanmeel wrote :
You have build my dream controller / setup ! :)

Awesome !!

EDIT: I also own the SX at this moment so I'm really curious how to manage the three screens from your notebook?

PachN did not build that unit. Was just a photo someone posted on Facebook.

I am having a closer look at the moment. I want to use USB driven 7" devices from Lilliput UM70.

As the manufacturer told me it should be possible to use 2 or 3 together with a powered USB2 hub.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 12:11 am
Well that someone with the SX build into a case is me :-)

I think, that whatever suits the individual DJ is the best for her/him. For me it is mainly about 3 things.
3: Looking good (I do not really like the laptop DJs),
2: Stability (Do not use the same computer for proffessional DJ'ing as you use for FB, Webbrowsing, emails etc - i have never seen a proffessional drummer use he's laptop for drumming - and we are both rythmic musicians),
1:The tool I use for DJ'ing must be capable to do what I want it to. Thus if I want to scratch vinyls I buy a set of record players. If I want to use VDJ, Serato, Traktor or RekordBox - I buy a controller that fits for this.

Note: Whatever one DJ does, does not make he's/her's choice the defacto standard for all other DJs regardless of the fame/size/gender/whatever of that particular DJ - in other words: If fx. Martin Garrix uses CDJ NXS and DJM NXS - this does not mean that his choice is the best for all of us.

If you want to have a closer look at the SX console - check this forum out:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DDJSX/permalink/348439932008095/

Currently I am building a similar console for my DDJ-SZ, but with small monitors in portrait mode.

Regards
Freedom

Posted Mon 04 Apr 16 @ 6:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)