Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: problem with flanged loopout fx & loop out fx

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i am running latest vdj 2094.914 ( but i had the same problem with the previus versions)

i am having a little trouble with the flanged loopout fx ( and it also happens with the other loopout fx that is available):
when i enable them in vdj 8 they dont snap to the beat like in vdj 7.4.1 and that ruines the mix .

from where ever u start it -lets say in between from the 1st beat to the 2nd ,that is where it starts,instead of starting on the 1st or 2nd beat .
i use it a lot for transitions and because it is not working as it should ,any help would be kindly appreciated.

in vdj 7.4.1 flanged loopout fx worked perfect always !

Posted Wed 21 Jan 15 @ 7:23 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
romeodan wrote :
in vdj 7.4.1 flanged loopout fx worked perfect always !

as far as i can see flanged loop out fx is for V7 only....

Posted Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 12:47 am
i know,but it does work
and even if thats correct that it would not work right,what about the loop out fx that is for vdj 8 ?

Posted Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 4:26 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Is the CBG correctly aligned?

Posted Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 5:41 am
yes it is

Posted Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 9:19 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
These fx are made by Users not by Atomix. So not sure if the plugin code will work perfectly on V8.
But keep in mind that the V7 effects were locked to 44.1KHz.
Not sure what happens when V8 in running higher than that.

Posted Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 9:58 am
also on vd7 the flanged loop out was independent of the loops it will run on the back ground and this effect is very popular and atomix should include it for vdj8 in the real world vdj8 effects are very limited thats why people are moving to serato Vdj7 the only thing that needed was better sound engine

Posted Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 10:06 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I created a loop out plugin for v8, and I deliberately chose to use the native looping functionality for a couple of reasons - it gives visual feedback, allows the user to use their existing loop controls to resize or move the loop if it's not quite perfect and affects the video as well.

If you prefer the older user made plugins then you are of course welcome to contact the author and request they update them - we can't do that for them.

Posted Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 11:05 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
picudodj wrote :
also on vd7 the flanged loop out was independent of the loops it will run on the back ground and this effect is very popular and atomix should include it for vdj8 in the real world vdj8 effects are very limited thats why people are moving to serato Vdj7 the only thing that needed was better sound engine

Use http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80111
and turn the flanger on after it.

Posted Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 11:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)